MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Feel like this is worth noting. If we’re willing to sign Thanasis for Giannis, definitely not ruling out the possibility we bring in Kostas too.

Wouldn't doubt that he'd be the other 2 way. We'd waive Bonzie Colson for him IMO. 

EDIT - Raptors are submitting a claim on him as a way to try to sway Giannis into coming to Toronto in 2021 lol. 

Edited by beekay414

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wouldn't doubt that he'd be the other 2 way. We'd waive Bonzie Colson for him IMO. 

EDIT - Raptors are submitting a claim on him as a way to try to sway Giannis into coming to Toronto in 2021 lol. 

You laugh now but it is I who shall be laughing in 2021

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I’m not saying he’s gonna leave for sure but it’s a possibility. You set expectations to high it hurts more. 

He's not leaving. It's really that simple. He's not going to pass up an extra $100 million and leave a team set up to win a title during that contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

He's not leaving. It's really that simple. He's not going to pass up an extra $100 million and leave a team set up to win a title during that contract.

Idk if Milwaukee is really set up to win a title though. I mean they could fail badly in the playoffs these next two years. The whole supermax thing doesn’t necessarily guarantee stars stay the way people thought it might. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Idk if Milwaukee is really set up to win a title though. I mean they could fail badly in the playoffs these next two years. The whole supermax thing doesn’t necessarily guarantee stars stay the way people thought it might. 

lol okay. Well enjoy holding out that hope then. Have a good weekend.

lol okay. Well enjoy holding out that hope then. Have a good weekend.

I mean you basically called a Milwaukee title up 2-0 in the conference finals. Didn’t it hurt worse to go all in at that point? I know it’s easy to get caught up in the moment it’s our year but still it’s not a guarantee Milwaukee wins a title or even makes the finals the next two years. 

I mean you basically called a Milwaukee title up 2-0 in the conference finals. Didn’t it hurt worse to go all in at that point? I know it’s easy to get caught up in the moment it’s our year but still it’s not a guarantee Milwaukee wins a title or even makes the finals the next two years. 

Far better shot at sustained success than Toronto has. That's all I know.

And it's not a guarantee for any single team in the NBA to make the Finals or win it in the next two years so you're not saying anything earth shattering here. He's still not leaving. You sound like a Knicks fan right now.

54 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Far better shot at sustained success than Toronto has. That's all I know.

And it's not a guarantee for any single team in the NBA to make the Finals or win it in the next two years so you're not saying anything earth shattering here. He's still not leaving. You sound like a Knicks fan right now.

Toronto got a title. Everything’s good now. Toronto is in the midst of a long run here where they’ve beaten every team they’ve faced in the playoffs except the Cavs with LeBron. Milwaukee has won two playoff series with this group. 

If Milwaukee fails to make the finals in these two years and are stuck with the same team anything is possible. 

My original comment was in jest but who the hell knows what he or anyone in the nba is even thinking two months from now let alone two years from now. 

Toronto got a title. Everything’s good now. Toronto is in the midst of a long run here where they’ve beaten every team they’ve faced in the playoffs except the Cavs with LeBron. Milwaukee has won two playoff series with this group. 

If Milwaukee fails to make the finals in these two years and are stuck with the same team anything is possible. 

My original comment was in jest but who the hell knows what he or anyone in the nba is even thinking two months from now let alone two years from now. 

Well, glad you took advantage when you could. Congrats. 

Everyone behind the scenes says it's highly unlikely he leaves. He's even come out saying he wants to be like Kobe and Dirk. There's been absolutely nothing to indicate that he'd leave. Absolutely nothing. 

Maybe y'all will have a shot at him...when he's 30. Ain't happening in 2021. He'll sign that supermax extension next offseason. 

Well, glad you took advantage when you could. Congrats. 

Everyone behind the scenes says it's highly unlikely he leaves. He's even come out saying he wants to be like Kobe and Dirk. There's been absolutely nothing to indicate that he'd leave. Absolutely nothing. 

Maybe y'all will have a shot at him...when he's 30. Ain't happening in 2021. He'll sign that supermax extension next offseason. 

Ha

What else is he supposed to say anyways? Just enjoy him while you while you can. He may even resign but who the hell knows right now and it’s two years away.

Let’s play the hypothetical game IF he doesn’t sign that extension next offseason what’s your reaction to that?

What else is he supposed to say anyways? Just enjoy him while you while you can. He may even resign but who the hell knows right now and it’s two years away.

It's more than just words. It's his actions. This dude is committed to this franchise. He's not an American. He's not a flake. He ain't going anywhere. And it's not two years away, he can sign the Supermax next offseason. If we win 55+ games and make another deep run, he'll sign. Not even remotely worried.

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Let’s play the hypothetical game IF he doesn’t sign that extension next offseason what’s your reaction to that?

My reaction is that I'm not worried about Toronto regardless. He's not leaving a situation with his best friends to sign with a team in a worse spot. Title win or not, there's no denying that Toronto is worse off going forward than we are. We are at the top of the East and are looking at a LeBron run just because we have the new LeBron and the East is weak as ****. He's not leaving. Hold out that hope that he does though. 

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's more than just words. It's his actions. This dude is committed to this franchise. He's not an American. He's not a flake. He ain't going anywhere. And it's not two years away, he can sign the Supermax next offseason. If we win 55+ games and make another deep run, he'll sign. Not even remotely worried.

My reaction is that I'm not worried about Toronto regardless. He's not leaving a situation with his best friends to sign with a team in a worse spot. Title win or not, there's no denying that Toronto is worse off going forward than we are. We are at the top of the East and are looking at a LeBron run just because we have the new LeBron and the East is weak as ****. He's not leaving. Hold out that hope that he does though. 

Alright alright I get it. I have no ill will towards the Bucks. If he doesn’t sign with Toronto I hope he stays in Milwaukee. Today’s NBA is just different. Speaking in such certainties isn’t a good way to go you know it hurts that much more. 

5 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Alright alright I get it. I have no ill will towards the Bucks. If he doesn’t sign with Toronto I hope he stays in Milwaukee. Today’s NBA is just different. Speaking in such certainties isn’t a good way to go you know it hurts that much more. 

Today's NBA consists of dudes that played together in AAU. Giannis isn't one of those dudes. So this idea that he'll weasel away like the rest of the buddy buddy types, is generalization. He's come out and preached loyalty and said he wants to be Kobe (who he's worked out with and went to for advice) and Dirk (who he's trained with) in his career. 

LIS, there is nothing that indicates he'd leave. Nothing. He loves this city, he loves it's people, his Greek agent who he is close with is in Chicago, we have a really good team and we can pay him $50 Million a year to stay here, be low key on the streets (which he's been quoted on as hating being recognized in LA, etc), and still be a worldwide phenomenon. He has no incentive to leave.

Am I stating anything incorrectly here? Or am I just being a homer?

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason