MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

the unfortunate reality is that Milwaukee is pretty much locked into the core group of Giannis, Lillard, Middleton and Lopez.  the pieces that can be moved are Portis and Connaughton.  Portis might get something in return, but Connaughton is probably not much of an asset that would get much in return.

I feel like Milwaukee missed out on giving Beauchamp and Jackson more minutes that last 1-2 years to help their development.  

Some of the trades that hurt were DVV for Ibaka and the 5 2nd round picks for Crowder.  While 2nd round picks are not much, they are at least dart throws at young talent that can be role players off the bench.

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

the unfortunate reality is that Milwaukee is pretty much locked into the core group of Giannis, Lillard, Middleton and Lopez.  the pieces that can be moved are Portis and Connaughton.  Portis might get something in return, but Connaughton is probably not much of an asset that would get much in return.

I feel like Milwaukee missed out on giving Beauchamp and Jackson more minutes that last 1-2 years to help their development.  

Some of the trades that hurt were DVV for Ibaka and the 5 2nd round picks for Crowder.  While 2nd round picks are not much, they are at least dart throws at young talent that can be role players off the bench.

Agreed. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We wouldn't let Horst interview for the Pistons job...why would we fire him? We had a free out if we wanted it. He's not going anywhere and, honestly, he's been fine. 

I agree. I don’t understand the hate. 

On 6/15/2024 at 7:30 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

I agree. I don’t understand the hate. 

I don't understand how any Bucks fan can even vouch for him at this point lol.

He extended Middleton on a lucrative deal for a player that is M.I.A. the vast majority of the time and delivers a handful of good games a season  ("bUt He HaD 42 pOiNtS iN a LoSs To ThE pAcErS!") which helped compromise our ability to add legit pieces around Giannis.  In all actuality, we should've traded Khrash, not Jrue.  Our defense went to **** after he left.  This misstep led Jrue to joining a hated rival who will soon be the cherry on the top of their 18th world championship.  

I had zero issue moving on from Bud as HC but hiring Griffen made sense to no one esp when Nurse was available.  And then we lose Stotts bcuz he wants no part of Griffen.  Oops but hey Horst backpedals by firing Griffen midseason and then hires Doc Rivers??   Sure, Giannis was hurt and Dame also missed time but this team was a 1st rd exit either way.  I was excited to add Dame but he looked like he never even wanted to be here.  

I really hope this team can figure it out next season and make a legit run at a title but if you're gonna hold your breath on that one, be sure to have someone close by who knows CPR lol.  

And even tho Horst has nothing to do with it, adding one of the worst owners in professional sports to the mix shouldn't inspire any confidence either.

Edited by thrILL!

29 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I don't understand how any Bucks fan can even vouch for him at this point lol.

He extended Middleton on a lucrative deal for a player that is M.I.A. the vast majority of the time and delivers a handful of good games a season  ("bUt He HaD 42 pOiNtS iN a LoSs To ThE pAcErS!") which helped compromise our ability to add legit pieces around Giannis.  In all actuality, we should've traded Khrash, not Jrue.  Our defense went to **** after he left.  This misstep led Jrue to joining a hated rival who will soon be the cherry on the top of their 18th world championship.  

I had zero issue moving on from Bud as HC but hiring Griffen made sense to no one esp when Nurse was available.  And then we lose Stotts bcuz he wants no part of Griffen.  Oops but hey Horst backpedals by firing Griffen midseason and then hires Doc Rivers??   Sure, Giannis was hurt and Dame also missed time but this team was a 1st rd exit either way.  I was excited to add Dame but he looked like he never even wanted to be here.  

I really hope this team can figure it out next season and make a legit run at a title but if you're gonna hold your breath on that one, be sure to have someone close by who knows CPR lol.  

And even tho Horst has nothing to do with it, adding one of the worst owners in professional sports to the mix shouldn't inspire any confidence either.

How much of those decisions are Horst or Giannis?  Keeping Giannis in Milwaukee is a big priority.   Giannis and Middleton are really close friends. So some of those moves are connected to.that.

Would Portland have wanted Middleton over Jrue?  Jrue had trade value, Middleton not so much.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

How much of those decisions are Horst or Giannis?  Keeping Giannis in Milwaukee is a big priority.   Giannis and Middleton are really close friends. So some of those moves are connected to.that.

Would Portland have wanted Middleton over Jrue?  Jrue had trade value, Middleton not so much.

Of course you want to keep Giannis but making bad decisions bcuz they’re friends wouldn’t be good for the franchise. Giannis supposedly wasn’t consulted about Dame so how do you explain the inconsistency in involving him if that’s the case?

Prolly not bcuz they could see he was a hop, skip and a jump from being completely washed but it doesn’t excuse us drastically overpaying to keep him here. 

Edited by thrILL!

I am with you, though. 
It was a disgusting season. Probably the worst one I’ve encompassed as a bucks fan in recent memory. Usually I always search highlights of Giannis non stop after the season, but can’t find myself too. 

maybe I’m just getting out of the nba. 
regardless, we have our core and we are sticking to it. However, I will never blame a GM that actually brings excitement to Milwaukee. We had 2 years to win it after our run, and was disappointment. He made a splash. I wish the packers or crew would do that.