Wisconsin Badgers Thread | at Iowa (11/2)

beekay414

Just now, titans0021 said:

Everyone just mentally and physically folded after the Locke interception. Was a fun first half, but we tried to go ultra conservative with a 3 point lead in the third quarter and it blew up in our face.

Defense hung tough and tried to make plays on the TD drive where they made it 21, but the QB made plays and that TE shovel pass bails them out.

Like that 3rd and 14 where we would have sacked Allar for a loss of a billion, but he turned it into a 12 yard gain on a great scramble-throw that let them flip field was big. Same with the almost fumble recovery.

It’s tough to burn Mettauer’s redshirt, but if he’s the guy, you’re probably not going to have him for five years anyways. Might as well see if he can provide a spark, the ceiling is just so incredibly low on Locke and the floor isn’t particularly high either.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s tough to burn Mettauer’s redshirt, but if he’s the guy, you’re probably not going to have him for five years anyways. Might as well see if he can provide a spark, the ceiling is just so incredibly low on Locke and the floor isn’t particularly high either.

They didn't let him do much of anything against Purdue, but I remember watching and thinking that he looked visibly uncomfortable.

I wish we would have aired it out a bit in that game just to see, but I think it's reasonable to assume at least somewhat that the staff being as conservative as they were with him in the game was not just a sportsmanship thing.

• beekay414 changed the title to Wisconsin Badgers Thread | at Iowa (11/2)