Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That was my initial thought, that it was just a long-term benefit with a transfer. But, more than anything, Chryst publicly saying he’d be welcomed back really indicated that he had legitimate interest in playing for UW.

This is perhaps one of the more annoying questions I've posted, but Cephus had a private legal team representing him for a year plus. They did it for free. Is that an impermissible benefit by NCAA rules?

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is perhaps one of the more annoying questions I've posted, but Cephus had a private legal team representing him for a year plus. They did it for free. Is that an impermissible benefit by NCAA rules?

It would be the most NCAA thing of all time.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, that's allowable.

However, when that firm uses his image/likeness in an advertisement, he will be promptly and immediately ruled ineligible due to the profits from his image/likeness. The NCAA will only allow Wisconsin, the B1G, and local/national media outlets to profit off of his image and likeness.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No, that's allowable.

However, when that firm uses his image/likeness in an advertisement, he will be promptly and immediately ruled ineligible due to the profits from his image/likeness. The NCAA will only allow Wisconsin, the B1G, and local/national media outlets to profit off of his image and likeness.

The answer is somehow even more annoying than the question.

So Cephus is going to declare for the draft and the law firm is going to wait a few months to use his image.