Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

Mertz's arm is just really impressive. He's also A LOT bigger than I thought he was. 

I absolutely get liking Coan's intangibles but, at some point, you have to let talent win out. Mertz is clearly so much more talented even from the little we've seen.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

That game just felt like a giant waste of time, outside of padding JT’s Heisman campaign and racking up some individual defensive numbers.

These are my favorite types of games though. I like no stress Saturdays lol.

Just now, beekay414 said:

These are my favorite types of games though. I like no stress Saturdays lol.

Yeah, I suppose I shouldn’t complain about coasting to a win, but there just wasn’t any sort of test. I’m pretty convinced that, minus turnovers, we could play that team 50 times and our starters would score a touchdown on every drive.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I suppose I shouldn’t complain about coasting to a win, but there just wasn’t any sort of test. I’m pretty convinced that, minus turnovers, we could play that team 50 times and our starters would score a touchdown on every drive.

Now the stress starts. Sparty, Ohio State and Iowa 3 of the next 4.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Mertz's arm is just really impressive. He's also A LOT bigger than I thought he was. 

I absolutely get liking Coan's intangibles but, at some point, you have to let talent win out. Mertz is clearly so much more talented even from the little we've seen.

Expanding on this...

Coan wasn't good enough to replace Hornibrook until he got hurt and then completely melted down. I mean, PC put Hornibrook back in for that Minnesota embarrassment before finally pulling the plug. So...moving ahead to 2019. What makes Coan "his" guy now when there's more talent in that QB room and we have a bonafide blue chipper at the position?

Like, he rode Hornibrook until he proved he was incapable before handing Coan the gig. He can't like Coan THAT much if that's what happened in 2018 and he called plays the way he did last year when Coan was forced to play. What changed? Cuz I can't see how Coan has changed that dramatically that he's now PC's unquestioned #1 QB when he didn't care enough for him last year to replace a broken, weak armed QB.

Anyone?

Edited by beekay414

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Expanding on this...

Coan wasn't good enough to replace Hornibrook until he got hurt and then completely melted down. I mean, PC put Hornibrook back in for that Minnesota embarrassment before finally pulling the plug. So...moving ahead to 2019. What makes Coan "his" guy now when there's more talent in that QB room and we have a bonafide blue chipper at the position?

Like, he rode Hornibrook until he proved he was incapable before handing Coan the gig. He can't like Coan THAT much if that's what happened in 2018 and he called plays the way he did last year when Coan was forced to play. What changed? Cuz I can't see how Coan has changed that dramatically that he's now PC's unquestioned #1 QB when he didn't care enough for him last year to replace a broken, weak armed QB.

Anyone?

Coaches like older players,  especially at QB

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Coaches like older players,  especially at QB

I get that but playing someone simple because they are older, not necessarily better, is how you routinely go 10-2 with no conference titles and losses to the team(s) that actually lets talent win out.

But, again, what makes Coan his guy all of a sudden? Just because he's older? He called games last year like he had no faith in Coan and Coan's been solid but shaky this year as well. So, he didn't necessarily get better, he just got older. 

Simply put, that's not even remotely enough to justify it when you're a team that's playing for more than just a division title.

Edited by beekay414

I mean, if that's the reason, and I'm a talented recruit looking for early playing time, I'm certainly not coming to Wisconsin. Not if the only reason someone less talented than I am is playing is because they are older.

Like, I get it if Mertz hasn't grasped the playbook and all that jazz but, from all indications, that isn't the reason why he's redshirting. He's redshirting for the sake of redshirting.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I get that but playing someone simple because they are older, not necessarily better, is how you routinely go 10-2 with losses to the team that actually lets talent win out.

But, again, what makes Coan his guy all of a sudden? Just because he's older? He called games last year like he had no faith in Coan and Coan's been solid but shaky this year as well. So, he didn't necessarily get better, he just got older. 

Simply put, that's not even remotely enough to justify it when you're a team that's playing for more than just a division title.

What part of this is not Chryst to the letter?