Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

On 8/20/2020 at 4:20 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/08/practice-observations-rookie-wr-quintez-cephus-has-a-big-day-too.html

Cephus is balling out in Lions camp. I think we all called this one.

You'll never guess who lead the Lions in Week 1 targets.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220282

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You knew that was going to happen. QBs gravitate towards guys they can trust and Cephus is as trustworthy as it gets.

Yep. Looks like he and Stafford have a little bit to work on still but he should be good when the defense brackets Golladay, at least.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:00 PM, beekay414 said:

So, this year is a free year for everyone even if we have a season? Like, I don't want to think about Coan coming back for a 6th season right now because my heart can't take it.

Academically, yes. Reality, no.

Every coach in America is going to have to process enough guys. The total scholly limit isn't expanding as far as I know. So if Mertz is the guy, Coan probably gets a tough conversation. Not fun or right, but it's inevitable. We're cramming 6 years of kids into 5 years of scholarships (adding redshirts).

Also Daryl Peterson is a 4*, 90 overall on 247. That makes 9 4*s just by their rankings (Rucci - 97, Malhman -95, Benz - 93,  Pugh -93, Wohler - 92, Bollers -91, Hill - 90, Sanborn - 90, Peterson -90).

• Like 1

Do you guys happen to have any insight into how Danny Davis is going to factor into the offense this year (WR#1?) and what his odds of getting drafted are? I know his stepdad a little bit and had the pleasure/extreme frustration of coaching against him for four years in HS.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:12 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also Daryl Peterson is a 4*, 90 overall on 247. That makes 9 4*s just by their rankings (Rucci - 97, Malhman -95, Benz - 93,  Pugh -93, Wohler - 92, Bollers -91, Hill - 90, Sanborn - 90, Peterson -90).

My bad - 10 4*. Braelon Allen reclassified to 2021.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:13 PM, MWil23 said:

Do you guys happen to have any insight into how Danny Davis is going to factor into the offense this year (WR#1?) and what his odds of getting drafted are? I know his stepdad a little bit and had the pleasure/extreme frustration of coaching against him for four years in HS.

Personally, I don't think he's an NFL player. Maybe he makes a practice squad, but I think we spread it around instead of using him as a number 1.