Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Link?

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/courts/badgers-receiver-quintez-cephus-charged-with-sex-assaults-of-two/article_8503f97a-0250-5586-891b-3392bdaee3ec.html

Wisconsin Badgers wide receiver Quintez Cephus was charged Monday with second- and third-degree sexual assault of two intoxicated women who said he sexually assaulted both of them and said Cephus and his roommate, teammate Danny Davis, laughed and took photos of the women, according to a criminal complaint.

xsj.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll see what becomes of the case before anyone gets kicked off but yeah this is not the PR you want for the university. Both these guys look like real idiots regardless if they're proven innocent or not. 

I mean realistically if they have the photo that Davis took, which even if they deleted forensic investigators could get from either a temporary cloud backup or from the phone itself, he's getting charged too. My guess is them getting the photo or the rape kit is what took so long.

UW should suspend Davis today.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean realistically if they have the photo that Davis took, which even if they deleted forensic investigators could get from either a temporary cloud backup or from the phone itself, he's getting charged too. My guess is them getting the photo or the rape kit is what took so long.

UW should suspend Davis today.

His presence certainly complicates things. First off that's just weird as hell to be taking pics of your friend even if it's his gf and her best friend or something like that. Why?

Second if there was obvious signs that this wasn't a consensual gathering and you just sit there and take pics and laugh? I don't want to say that's more screwed up than what Cephus did but from a mental standpoint I feel like it is.

The pictures equate to actual evidence though so at least this won't just be a he said she said case. Should be pretty obvious looking at them what went down.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

His presence certainly complicates things. First off that's just weird as hell to be taking pics of your friend even if it's his gf and her best friend or something like that. Why?

Second if there was obvious signs that this wasn't a consensual gathering and you just sit there and take pics and laugh? I don't want to say that's more screwed up than what Cephus did but from a mental standpoint I feel like it is.

The pictures equate to actual evidence though so at least this won't just be a he said she said case. Should be pretty obvious looking at them what went down.

Well there's also a rape kit so they may be other physical evidence of assault. But yes, what Davis is accused of is disgusting and illegal. He needs to be suspended today.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

What a mess. Suspend Davis too, obviously. I don't even care if he's charged, if the story is true, he has no business being on the team or in any way associated with the program.

Pretty much how I feel. Gonna end up relying on one or two of Cruickshank, Green, Perry, etc more than we expected, it looks like.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

What a mess. Suspend Davis too, obviously. I don't even care if he's charged, if the story is true, he has no business being on the team or in any way associated with the program.

Separate from the criminal case, the UW is going to investigate. They're going to interview Cephus and Davis, along with the victims. And the burden of proof in stuff like this is not reasonable guilt.

The UW isn't Baylor or Ohio State, this is going to get addressed and they'll never play for UW again.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Separate from the criminal case, the UW is going to investigate. They're going to interview Cephus and Davis, along with the victims. And the burden of proof in stuff like this is not reasonable guilt.

The UW isn't Baylor or Ohio State, this is going to get addressed and they'll never play for UW again.

So what's your WR depth chart look like right now assuming Davis also gets booted?

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So what's your WR depth chart look like right now assuming Davis also gets booted?

Taylor and Pryor start. I like Perry more than Green and would assume UW plays him since we're small at WR. Don't think Cruickshank can be trusted to block yet, so he's maybe a gimmicky slot guy.

EDIT: We really shouldn't have moved Guerendo to RB.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Taylor and Pryor start. I like Perry more than Green and would assume UW plays him since we're small at WR. Don't think Cruickshank can be trusted to block yet, so he's maybe a gimmicky slot guy.

Bet ya we see quite a bit of Adam Krumholz too