Trade Deadline Thread

bigbadbuff

25 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

several sources including cbs sports. Only "credible" source is schefter but others have brought it up and were correct on things like benjamin albright so anything is possible. Again its a matter of teams doing their diligence and contacting them to see what it would take. You act like this stuff has to be announced over the news for it to happen. Kbenji, shady, darby, dareus, watkins all the moves that happened were announced after it was done. So I dont get why you think this has to be announced in order for it to happen.

Okay seriously what? I'm not saying it needs to be announced to happen, I am saying it is not even a rumour I have seen anyway accept from you. Articles written by fans saying "this is who my team should target" are nothing. If they count, then the Bills are looking into trading for Julio Jones and Trent Williamns.  Literally for weeks leading up to the trade deadline there were rumours of Benjamin being moved. It was well known that Dareus and Shady could be moved. That is the difference. Media for weeks or days ahead of time talked about the potential of these guys being moved. Even Watkins wasn't a total shock to anyone paying attention and knew Buffalo wasn't going to sign long-term. 

Quick google search for Schefter and Keenan Allen brings up zero about him being on the tradeblock. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 7:29 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Okay seriously what? I'm not saying it needs to be announced to happen, I am saying it is not even a rumour I have seen anyway accept from you. Articles written by fans saying "this is who my team should target" are nothing. If they count, then the Bills are looking into trading for Julio Jones and Trent Williamns.  Literally for weeks leading up to the trade deadline there were rumours of Benjamin being moved. It was well known that Dareus and Shady could be moved. That is the difference. Media for weeks or days ahead of time talked about the potential of these guys being moved. Even Watkins wasn't a total shock to anyone paying attention and knew Buffalo wasn't going to sign long-term. 

Quick google search for Schefter and Keenan Allen brings up zero about him being on the tradeblock. 

cbs sports, and Bleacher report as well as other outlets. Just because Schefter isnt reporting it doesnt mean its not going to happen, hes the one that comes out towards the end when things have actually been moving to announce the trade. People like Benjamin Albright was saying all day long that Sanders was going to the niners for about a week and then schefter came in to say it was a done deal.  Cbs and BR have said that they would look to move pieces including Keenan Allen for the right price if you actually wanted to look rather then trying to argue about it on here. If you cant find it then move on, its not something im making up as it is pointless for a fan to continue to talk about a player who has not been linked as a possible trade candidate for the heck of it. The guy has been mentioned so I simply put it on here as a top option for the bills as it is a need they have and are in a place to offer them something for him. I could see the chargers to be more willing if they lose on sunday as that would put them basically out of play off chances.

Edited by soflbillsfan

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reporting the Bills and Lions are linked to Melvin Gordon. 

you think its just chargers using leverage for lions to pay more for him? I just dont see why Beane would be making this move when Daboll under utilizes Gore and Singletary as it is. I could see them not running the ball as much if they both struggled but Gore has been averaging 4.5 ypc and if you remove the jets game its over 5 ypc

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

you think its just chargers using leverage for lions to pay more for him? I just dont see why Beane would be making this move when Daboll under utilizes Gore and Singletary as it is. I could see them not running the ball as much if they both struggled but Gore has been averaging 4.5 ypc and if you remove the jets game its over 5 ypc

Hard to say. I think part of the reason Singletary is not being used as much is because the Bills don't want to overload him. Having just played 4 career games I think it's a fair strategy to not want to over due it too early. I am not sure if they're saving Gore for December or what the deal is there. 

I will say though, Gordon would be the best back on the team no question and his ability in the passing game could be huge too. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Hard to say. I think part of the reason Singletary is not being used as much is because the Bills don't want to overload him. Having just played 4 career games I think it's a fair strategy to not want to over due it too early. I am not sure if they're saving Gore for December or what the deal is there. 

I will say though, Gordon would be the best back on the team no question and his ability in the passing game could be huge too. 

Well averaging 5 carries a game is not enough to even get an rb going in a game that is how many a wr runs the sweeps or reverses. If this was the case then its on Beane for cutting ties with Shady. Also if they are to concerned about overloading him then why not have Yeldon activated particularly yesterday when winds were ripping? I just dont think Daboll knows what he is doing at this point and isnt even trying to run the ball forcing allen to throw 30+ times. Not to mention consistently risking him from getting another concussion by doing all these designed qb runs. The defense may have given up a ton of yards yesterday but that turnover at half on that designed run by Allen cost them that game. Huge momentum going in to the half and allowed Philly to start pounding the ball more on the ground. Had they gone in to half up 7-3 then the outcome could have been different. So even if Gordon is picked up by bills I dont think Daboll is capable of making the adjustment to be run first team or heck 50/50 pass run

12 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well averaging 5 carries a game is not enough to even get an rb going in a game that is how many a wr runs the sweeps or reverses. If this was the case then its on Beane for cutting ties with Shady. Also if they are to concerned about overloading him then why not have Yeldon activated particularly yesterday when winds were ripping? I just dont think Daboll knows what he is doing at this point and isnt even trying to run the ball forcing allen to throw 30+ times. Not to mention consistently risking him from getting another concussion by doing all these designed qb runs. The defense may have given up a ton of yards yesterday but that turnover at half on that designed run by Allen cost them that game. Huge momentum going in to the half and allowed Philly to start pounding the ball more on the ground. Had they gone in to half up 7-3 then the outcome could have been different. So even if Gordon is picked up by bills I dont think Daboll is capable of making the adjustment to be run first team or heck 50/50 pass run

Yeah I'd rather just give our guys the ball more and if we are trading assets, have it be for OL or WR to improve the offense. 

Can't help but think it is an ego thing for Daboll and Josh Allen because in his previous stints as OC he always had one of the top rushing attacks. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

If I was going to give up a 2nd or 3rd rd pick I would rather go for OJ Howard/Austin Hooper as these guys are said to be out there as trade pieces and run 2 catching TE sets. Then they can move on from Lee Smith the penalizer and series drive killer.

Yes, please!

Lee Smith is easily the worst player on this roster. I hate watching him commit 2-3 penalties every week.

You can't possibly tell me there's not a better blocking TE option out there. He drives me INSANE.

Edited by NickChowaniec