PS4: Madden Real Team League

biggio7

Oh man some of these contracts I handed out in the past... My LT was already making 15 mil when I signed Tunsil the prior year and he's making 13 mil... then last year threw money at Hernandez OG for 10 mil.... no wonder I had so much cap space in the past, no one was getting paid after I unloaded Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Traded LG 87 Hernandez and next year's 3rd (probably should have started with lower pick, oh well) for LG 76 Osemele (probably will retire after this season) and RT 72 Parker. Parker is Star potential, but he's already 23 and absolute garbage at pass blocking, so not sure if he'll actually develop for me or not (if I can find a buyer for Tunsil). Might dump him into focus training and see if he develops a bit this season. I'll likely have to draft OL early next year.

Feels like a cap shedding trade more than anything.

• Like 1

Adrian Amos is headed back to Chi-Town! Traded SS 89 Amos, QB 71 Waddell, and 3rd round pick for FS 76 Barnes (who is hidden dev), 1st round pick (I'll package mine with this one to move up come draft day), and RT 69 Massie (nothing more than cap movement, he'll fill as depth). 

Felt this trade made sense for both sides - Chicago has Eddie Jackson locked up at FS and this gives them the second best safety duo in the league behind @holt_bruce81's duo of James and Adams. They don't sacrifice much in terms of draft capital either. Waddell is a backup QB I drafted the same year as Gates, and he's developed behind him. Bears get him as the main backup now.

I enjoyed having both Savage and Amos, but I can't afford two expensive safeties right now, and Savage just signed his contract so I'm not able to move him per our rules of at least 1 year on the roster, plus he's younger. Not sure how Barnes translates to SS, but he'll start over the 69 backup rookie I have. Will have to sign a street FA for QB as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Did they have big cap hits? You’re already in cap hell lol

Hernandez was making 10 mil per when including signing bonus, locked up for 4 more years. Osemele is making 1.26 mil and is a FA after the season (might just retire since he's 33). So that gave me a lower rated but still capable starter and I'll have to draft an OG to start next season. RT Parker is making 2.63 mil, so between those two I saved roughly 6 mil this season, and 8 mil in the future. Parker's a FA next year too, so remains to be seen if I resign him or not. Like I said, that trade was cap shedding more than anything, not happy I had to do it but needed space.

Amos was making 7.9 and due a new contract, which I wasn't going to be able to give. Waddell was making 630k, no real impact. Picking up Bobbie Massie at 7.9 this year and 8 mil next year, he has no signing bonus left so if I cut him that's pure savings. Barnes is making roughly 1 mil a year, for 4 years up to 1.5. This trade made sense for both sides, and I feel like I didn't necessary give away assets for nothing.

Wish I had looked around a bit more before the Hernandez trade, especially since I had to add a 3rd and not sure Parker will stick long term.

This probably lets me sign Gary + Fant, I'll probably still be losing Armstead and my RG 80 Jenkins. Armstead I will need since I have no DL worth a damn besides him and Kenny Clark, but Jenkins I may offload as well, and just spend each week training up a young OL this season.

Just made another divisional trade. RG 81 Jenkins to Chicago for RT 80 Verner. Verner is 23, but he's only normal dev while Jenkins was Star (likely why the CPU accepted immediately). Still, Verner is under contract for 3 seasons up to 1.5 mil, so at least that puts a bandaid at OL.

Think I'm going to stand pat on OL for now, since most teams don't have cap space. LT Bakhtiari, LG Osemele, C Daniels, RG Verner, RT Tunsil for my OL. Unlikely to offload Tunsil given his cap, might as well have the best OT duo. Will need to fill LG next season, whether resigning Parker and moving him there or drafting one early. Armstead I'll use and let him walk after the season, so another DL is a priority. I may at some point try to move Josh Jackson for a cheaper nickel, but I run nickel the majority of the time so he's like a starter.

Didn't do much drafting the prior seasons, usually traded away the mid rounds, and starting to feel that cap crunch as a result lol. Need to load up on picks this year for depth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

When the NFL draft is over you guys up to add a third franchise with the updated rosters? 

Third one might be tough for me, but I could probably swing it. Idk, depends on what everyone else wants to do. I'd be down to retire one of these leagues also if we wanted to start a new one up.