Deadline, you be the GM

LoganF89

So I want to see what you guys would do at the deadline, who do you trade and what do we get in return

for me its

Trent Williams to the Browns for a 1st. If We can get Njoku that’s a plus but I’ll settle for just their 1st as I look at the draft order right now the Browns are picking top 10. If we get a 1st we take it right away

Ryan Kerrigan traded to either Detroit, Indy, or Baltimore, at first I wanted a 4th for Kerrigan which to me is reasonable but to hear that multiple teams have reached out makes me think take the highest bid. If that could equate to a team shipping a 3rd then you take it

Josh Norman traded to the saints. Honestly I’ll take anything just to get him off the books. I would do Norman and a 6th for New Orleans 5th but ultimately I take whatever we can get for him

Brandon Scherref- this is a really tricky one for me. He says that he wants to be a lifetime skin and that he wants to be here but if he requires the highest paid guard money idk if we do this. If we don’t think he signs or wants top guard money I consider moving him. Now the question is to who? If we think we can get a 1st then it will be to a team making a run but ultimately if we can ship him to Arizona for a 2nd and 3rd I would be all for that since they are picking high this year

Vernon Davis traded to the patriots for a 4th. Only reason I think the pats give up a pick that early for the aging veteran is bc they are gonna make a Super Bowl run and lack a playmaking TE, as much as I hate the Pats it would be nice to see Vernon get a SB ring

theres not really anyone else I could see ya trading unless a team could use AP and honestly I don’t see a team that needs his services right now

ok fellas deadline is approaching, you be the GM. What are you doing!?

Trent is a no-brainer, you trade him for what you can get at this point. 

I consider Kerrigan a no-brainer as well, and I find it odd that people are so convinced that Trent will bring a 1st but think it’s a 3rd or 4th for Kerrigan. What’s the big difference in their value? Trent is probably the better, more gifted player, but it’s not like Kerrigan is some slouch. As I’ve said, he’s consistently been a top 10 sack guy for the better part of the last decade. They both play premium positions, they’re almost exactly the same age, and their remaining contracts are similar (Kerrigan is actually $3M cheaper next season). The big difference in Kerrigan’s favor is reliability — Trent has the injury thing, the weed thing, and this wacky holdout thing, all of which would concern me as an acquiring team. Kerrigan hasn’t missed a game...EVER. You know exactly what you’re getting if you acquire him. If Trent is a lock for a 1st, and Mohamed Sanu can bring back a 2nd, I’d start the price at a 2 for Kerrigan. 

Would gladly trade guys like Norman, Peterson, Richardson, Bostic, etc. for anything we could get. Doubt anyone would trade much of value for any (or all) of those guys, but I’d take some lottery tickets in return and see if I got lucky. Plus, I’d be looking to get them out and remove the temptation for the coaching staff to play them over younger players who need a full-time look. I want to see Moreau/Moreland, Guice, Harmon/Sims(x2), and SDH out there to be evaluated instead of just more and more of these older players. 

Scherff is definitely the tricky one. I have absolutely no desire to give him a top of the market contract, so I guess I’d be looking to trade him. But it does seem counter-intuitive to say everything needs to be targeted towards maximizing the opportunity for our young QB — and then promptly trade the two best OL currently in the organization, when it’s become clear that having a great OL is the best way to provide a young QB with the comfort to succeed on the job early (see Goff, Prescott, Wentz, etc). 

• Like 2