Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, and they have had a few masterpieces too. i think its a great pick and you can have a specific tone set 

that being said, Im looking forward to LadyKillers 2!  Finally!

Lol I love the cast of that movie so much. It's a shame it was so bad.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So far I’m most interested in @FinneasGage’s movie.  Malf and Dome, your guy is definitely talented and I can see the appeal to his movies.  I’ve tried loving them, I’ve tried liking them... I just can’t, and I just don’t.

That’s wild you don’t like them. Probably three of the top 10 movies of all time 

• Like 2

Just now, FinneasGage said:

That’s wild you don’t like them. Probably three of the top 10 movies of all time 

I would agree with In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths being in the Best ever category. Both of those are in my top 5.

3 billboards i feel is just in the Great category 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Look at all the movies I love.  They’re not real world possible.  Out of all the movies I have rated 10/10 or higher... Let’s see here...

Once Upon a Time in the West, A Very Long Engagement, Die Hard, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, No Country for Old Men, Tombstone, Hot Fuzz, The Royal Tenenbaums, Dumb and Dumber, Sneakers and MAYBE you could consider Inglourious Basterds.  

Those are the only ones that are real world possible.  I have all of his movies at least a 7 except for 3 Billboards, which I did not like at all.  I think I gave that one a 6.  That Woody Harrelson suicide ****ed me up.  Good, maybe even great movie, but I did NOT like it at all.

Just now, rackcs said:

Malf and Dome already said they're taking Jack Black

No joke, I could see Jack Black if it was an American camp.  He’s a seriously underrated serious actor, and he’d be great in the unintentionally funny role.  He really would be good in a serious horror movie like that.  Think Bill Paxton in Aliens.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at all the movies I love.  They’re not real world possible.  Out of all the movies I have rated 10/10 or higher... Let’s see here...

Once Upon a Time in the West, A Very Long Engagement, Die Hard, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, No Country for Old Men, Tombstone, Hot Fuzz, The Royal Tenenbaums, Dumb and Dumber, Sneakers and MAYBE you could consider Inglourious Basterds.  

Those are the only ones that are real world possible.  I have all of his movies at least a 7 except for 3 Billboards, which I did not like at all.  I think I gave that one a 6.  That Woody Harrelson suicide ****ed me up.  Good, maybe even great movie, but I did NOT like it at all.

Wow, lots of Coen Brothers in that list. I see we have a true fan here.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

No joke, I could see Jack Black if it was an American camp.  He’s a seriously underrated serious actor, and he’d be great in the unintentionally funny role.  He really would be good in a serious horror movie like that.  Think Bill Paxton in Aliens.

Jack Black is awesome, genuinely agree with you

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1