Big 12 Expansion (Spitballing/Theory Crafting)

Danger

21 hours ago, Danger said:

Boise State brings nothing to the Big XII financially. They're not even the powerhouse in the MW that they once were, and they're in a remote corner of the country. SMU brings really nothing that they don't already have and if they're going to bring an in school state in it'd be Houston. I root for Temple (when they don't play Penn State), but I don't think they're quite ready for the power 5. ACC would make more sense for Temple either way, but I can see how the Philadelphia market would be nice for the Big XII though. Cincinnati being a 'basketball school' is not the greatest argument. They're still competitive almost every season in the best mid major there is.

You say Cincinnati is a basketball school negatively but then say SMU is a "rising basketball power". What? SMU Is inferior in both sports and brings no new markets in. Cincinnati is CLOSER to WVU than Temple buddy..... and closer to the rest of the Big XII as well.

Aside from the Temple part, I'd agree.  Houston gets in because of politics, and BYU and Cincinnati are the two most logical additions to the Big 12.  It's that 16th team that becomes the biggest question.

8 hours ago, DocHambone said:

North Dakota State makes a lot more sense than la tech, western Kentucky and Memphis, although none of those four should be it.

No you see.... North Dakota State isn't even in a mid major, they're a step further down the wrung in FCS DIv. 1 They'd need to prove themselves in C-USA or something first. And the "North Dakota Market" brings zilch.

Archived