Week 15: TNF Jets vs Ravens

Bobby816

Score doesn't indicate it, but 3 plays were the difference in us being able to make this a much closer game than the final score indicated. 

1. Missed PI on 4th and 1 in the end zone.
  2. PI against Hewitt. 
  3. Jeff Smith non-conversion. 

Hopefully we'll be a totally different team when we next play this squad in 2021 or 2022. 

• Like 1

I thought that was a fun game to watch. We played hard all the way through. It wasn't an embarrassment. 

Darnold played well against a top 5 defense. The one INT i thought was a miscommunication. He stood tall against the blitz. Our OL gave him time today "occasionally". Curious to see what others thought. But I think this was a very promising game. Once we get him a OL and another weapon or two, he's going to be good to go. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Score doesn't indicate it, but 3 plays were the difference in us being able to make this a much closer game than the final score indicated. 

2. PI against Hewitt. 

Hopefully we'll be a totally different team when we next play this squad in 2021 or 2022. 

Agree. We played them tough. We just don't have the talent around Darnold to be able to sustain drives. I liked the way he worked the pocket today. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

2. PI against Hewitt. 

They kicked our ***

Just now, doumeyer said:

They kicked our ***

Don't think you watched the game as closely as I did. Sure they had their big plays that the entire NFL is trying to figure out how to stop, but the Jets could've easily kept this close had they finished and played a cleaner game. We had every opportunity to go into the half 21-14 or even 21-17 with the defense entering the second half stacking 4 scoreless series. Hell, we stopped them 2 series in a row entering the 3rd, then Sam had his fumble and the game was lost from there. 

• Like 1

Honestly we played hard we had a chance to make this a game. Sam had a decent game, wanted to see him come out of this game without a pick but he’s been doing everything he can.

Defense obviously did as good as they could considering it was a bunch 2nd an 3rd string players starting and we are missing our best players on D and down to the bare minimum.

We ran the hall better today but we still don’t run it very well at all and I wish we could run in short yardage situations. We really have a ways to go. 

I don’t think we got completely embarrassed. Your average fans doesn’t know how many injuries we’ve had though which does make a difference though.

The clear difference for me tonight was talent. They have overwhelmingly more talent than us everywhere. And that’s on JD to now fix.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think we got completely embarrassed. Your average fans doesn’t know how many injuries we’ve had though which does make a difference though.

The clear difference for me tonight was talent. They have overwhelmingly more talent than us everywhere. And that’s on JD to now fix.

I agree, I just  hope we don't lose R.Anderson. If we do that will make Douglas job that much harder in the off season. Last night our best players were Crowder, Anderson, and on defensive Burgess, But hats off to our special teams there were outstanding. Darnold played a very good first half, the second half no so good. 

Edited by doumeyer

Four other QB's were drafted before Jackson, he was the last pick in the first round # 32. And he is head and shoulders better than the other four QB in the 2018 draft. He has a real shot of being MVP in the NFL in 2019. I am not saying the other QB won't have a good NFL career, I think Darnold is most likely to have a outstanding career, but he needs offensive help. Macc has us in a five year hole with his terrible drafting. How Macc, passed on Josh Allen & Davin Cook is way beyond me. If we took those two players, we would have gotten our edge rusher, and if we draft Cook we would not have to spend all that money on Bell, who is having his worst year in the NFL for obvious reasons lousy O line.

Edited by doumeyer

50 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Four other QB's were drafted before Jackson, he was the last pick in the first round # 32. And he is head and shoulders better than the other four QB in the 2018 draft. He has a real shot of being MVP in the NFL in 2019. I am not saying the other QB won't have a good NFL career, I think Darnold is most likely to have a outstanding career, but he needs offensive help. Macc has us in a five year hole with his terrible drafting. How Macc, passed on Josh Allen & Davin Cook is way beyond me. If we took those two players, we would have gotten our edge rusher, and if we draft Cook we would not have to spend all that money on Bell, who is having his worst year in the NFL for obvious reasons lousy O line.

He’s head and shoulders better as an ATHLETE. He runs down the field and they give him Mickey Mouse throws in the red zone his TD passes are no way indicative of his ability to pass the football. He’s a great kid, he’s terrific and I am personally rooting for him like I said day 1, but he’s still go a ways to go as a passer. Again I really like him but he’s in a terrific situation and he’s a special athlete. 

• Like 2