Week Two: Bears (0-1) @ Bucs (0-0)

bucsfan333

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Pamphile isn't worth whatever he's gonna demand. He's a solid guard and excellent depth for about everything. But he's not really worth the $8M+ he's probably gonna ask for. He'll probably get it if he hits free agency though.

Considering Evan Smith is a free agent, I kind of think he gets paid.   I don't think they moved Marpet to center to move him back to guard in a year.  Benenoch is unproven.  I think Licht will pay him.  If this team ends up going where I think they are this season, I think it would be the wrong move not to resign him.  I wonder if part of the delay is the Zach Martin extension in Dallas.   Certainly,  Pamphile is not as good as Martin, but Martin can set the market and Pamphile can be slotted.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Considering Evan Smith is a free agent, I kind of think he gets paid.   I don't think they moved Marpet to center to move him back to guard in a year.  Benenoch is unproven.  I think Licht will pay him.  If this team ends up going where I think they are this season, I think it would be the wrong move not to resign him.  I wonder if part of the delay is the Zach Martin extension in Dallas.   Certainly,  Pamphile is not as good as Martin, but Martin can set the market and Pamphile can be slotted.

The problem with extending Pamphile for a nice chunk of change is that Marpet needs to get paid too. And Kwon. We can't afford to pay everyone. That's the problem with drafting well. icon_lol.gif 

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The problem with extending Pamphile for a nice chunk of change is that Marpet needs to get paid too. And Kwon. We can't afford to pay everyone. That's the problem with drafting well. icon_lol.gif 

I agree, it s going to be an interesting couple of years.  Maybe Evan Smith gets resigned.  He s older, so he should come cheaper.   I just see Licht spending money to keep Jameis healthy and cutting corners at other positions.   I can also most guarantee they are going to resign Ali and Donovan.   

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I agree, it s going to be an interesting couple of years.  Maybe Evan Smith gets resigned.  He s older, so he should come cheaper.   I just see Licht spending money to keep Jameis healthy and cutting corners at other positions.   I can also most guarantee they are going to resign Ali and Donovan.   

We gave up eight pressures against the Bears, and Donovan was responsible for five of them. I really hope we don't extend him.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We gave up eight pressures against the Bears, and Donovan was responsible for five of them. I really hope we don't extend him.

So in 2 years the LT would Be?  I really have a hard time believing if Licht is still employed after this season, he'll would let 2 of his online men he drafted who started a minimum of 2 full seasons walk in free agency.  

20 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Pamphile isn't worth whatever he's gonna demand. He's a solid guard and excellent depth for about everything. But he's not really worth the $8M+ he's probably gonna ask for. He'll probably get it if he hits free agency though.

Fact. He is actually pretty good in pass protection but he just doesn't do it for me in the run game. If he's really expecting 8+ million we can show him the door and draft his replacement in the second round. Not a liability out there but the Bucs could do much better at the position. If a guard is making almost 10 million a season he better be Marshall Yanda good.

Archived