Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

9 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Why? D'Andre Swift is mocked to us by many pro's, with our first round pick. Dobbins is a 2nd. rd. pick. 
Another DeAndre, DeAndre Washington is only signed to a one year contract.
Dobbins is the only top back without medical issues, odometer/usage issues, ball protection issues or height/pass pro problems.
Dobbins has the luxury of not having to be thrown into the fire immediately full time. He has the luxury of learning Andy's system 1st year.

Swift would be an outright mistake. All those idiots are being lazy and assigning a draft priority based solely on name recognition, not on proven ability. I would not consider any rookie in this class an immediate upgrade, hence back burner. Pass rush is always a priority. Age at OT and TE is becoming a priority. Speed at LB and depth in the secondary is a middling priority. Above all, get value. Reaching for a quick solution is the way the Browns and Bengals stay the Browns and Bengals.

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I would not consider any rookie in this class an immediate upgrade,

We are mighty thin at RB. D.Thompson and newly signed D. Washington are all that's left behind D. Williams. D.Thompson can't pass protect, so we're even thinner. So to say Dobbins is not an upgrade is laughable.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Swift would be an outright mistake. All those idiots are being lazy and assigning a draft priority based solely on name recognition, not on proven ability. I would not consider any rookie in this class an immediate upgrade, hence back burner. Pass rush is always a priority. Age at OT and TE is becoming a priority. Speed at LB and depth in the secondary is a middling priority. Above all, get value. Reaching for a quick solution is the way the Browns and Bengals stay the Browns and Bengals.

J

I would put our needs at CB and LB ahead of age issues at TE and OT.  I am not advocating for us taking a RB unless they believe it's the best player available.

For my money, CB/LB in round 1 and 2 unless the value just isn't there.  Then I'm on board for OL.

Thin?  Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, Thompson, D. Washington.    There’s not an elite back there, but that is a very workable 4 man group for Andy and Co.   

Anything aside from QB, K, P, and LS I would put above RB in the first round.   None of the top guys are impressive enough, compared to what will be there in the mid rounds. 

I agree with you Mayan, but I'm also apparently one of the few people that thinks we have holes to fill.

If we take Dobbins/Taylor etc.  I think it would be absolutely because we believed they would take over the starting role.

But I always hope Williams is going to put it together and succeed as the feature.

21 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

We are mighty thin at RB. D.Thompson and newly signed D. Washington are all that's left behind D. Williams. D.Thompson can't pass protect, so we're even thinner. So to say Dobbins is not an upgrade is laughable.

Not even a little.

Who says Thompson can't protect? It's a skill with a learning curve, but he is far enough along to get Super Bowl snaps. 

J

40 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not even a little.

Who says Thompson can't protect? It's a skill with a learning curve, but he is far enough along to get Super Bowl snaps. 

J

1 carry 0 yds, 1 target 0 catches. Thompson looked great in the preseason but didn't do anything afterwards. He's looking like Dexter McCluster 2.0.

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

LB, IOL, CB , S, OT in that order.

You forgot the first one, IDL.

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

1 carry 0 yds, 1 target 0 catches. Thompson looked great in the preseason but didn't do anything afterwards. He's looking like Dexter McCluster 2.0.

Shady McCoy didn't get that much. Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I agree with you Mayan, but I'm also apparently one of the few people that thinks we have holes to fill.

If we take Dobbins/Taylor etc.  I think it would be absolutely because we believed they would take over the starting role.

But I always hope Williams is going to put it together and succeed as the feature.

I like Williams. He's our #1 until proved otherwise. Dobbins will eventually be the bell cow.