You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Now tell me how many times that's happened, their is always one outlier to find, how many perfect games by QB's ended in wins i'm willing to bet 99% of them.

well if you had read my post, you would know that i said it has been done 77 times.. 1 out of 77, is less than 99% lol.. kinda shows who im arguing against.
but it has happened 5 out of 77.. so it gives you a 94% chance of winning... 

if QBs are what determine wins or losses, if a QB plays perfect, that number should be 99+%

Edited by BackinBlack

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol 71/77 .910% lol

personally i think elite qbs have to make unknown wrs ballers before big wrs want to play. Elite qbs have the ability to make unknown wrs ballers 

I think our banged up defense doesn’t receive help defense has held teams below 21 and under points 6 times no excuses we got hit up by super bowl contenders minus jets lol 

wrs dropping passes is hard cause with the new wrs it’s such a small sample size but sure coop dropped passes but he was a major reason 2016 happened for Carr 

I also think chemistry between takes time but most importantly opportunity Carr not giving wrs the opportunity 

absolutely agree with this.
Carr needs an elite WR to make him look like an arguable mvp.
Carr needs help.. he will not elevate his team like some elite QBs do. 

Carr also will lose trust in his wrs way to early, Cooper had a whole lot of drops on slants. 
Id argue slants are the toughest catch for a WR to make...

Cooper having drop issues on slants, should not have led to Carr not trusting cooper on deep balls. 
That is a Carr issue, not a cooper issue. 

Carr will lose trust in his receivers way to quickly. 

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well if you had read my post, you would know that i said it has been done 77 times.. 1 out of 77, is less than 99% lol.. kinda shows who im arguing against.
but it has happened 5 out of 77.. so it gives you a 94% chance of winning... 

if QBs are what determine wins or losses, if a QB plays perfect, that number should be 99+%

Actually if you took reading comprehension you would have understood what I meant the first time. So 5 out of 77 were losers

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Now tell me how many times that's happened, their is always one outlier to find, how many perfect games by QB's ended in wins i'm willing to bet 99% of them.

just to remind you.. you said..
how many perfect games by qbs ended in wins.. im willing to bet 99%
and the number is 94

so to add... you were so confident, that you were willing to bet...
now you lost, and there is facts to prove my point.... and you want to ignore it.

dont say things you dont mean. you said you were willing to bet. you lost. dont bring barely into this lol 

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

so to add... you were so confident, that you were willing to bet...
now you lost, and there is facts to prove my point.... and you want to ignore it.

dont say things you dont mean. you said you were willing to bet. you lost. dont bring barely into this lol 

So what exactly did you prove again? Wins and losses is still a QB stat.

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So what exactly did you prove again? Wins and losses is still a QB stat.

first, you made a bet.. and were wrong.
secondly, if wins and losses is a qb stat... if a QB has a perfect passer rating then that hsould mean a team win 99% of the time no?

if wins is a QB stat -- then a qb who has a perfect game should be guaranteed a win?
how can you be perfect and lose?

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

first, you made a bet.. and were wrong.
secondly, if wins and losses is a qb stat... if a QB has a perfect passer rating then that hsould mean a team win 99% of the time no?

if wins is a QB stat -- then a qb who has a perfect game should be guaranteed a win?
how can you be perfect and lose?

No that's actually not true nobody said if a QB has a perfect game it's a guaranteed win, like i said it's always some outliers but 94% win rate by your calculations and you acting like it's 50%, because I said I bet it's 99%. The bottom line if a QB has a perfect game it's a very high probability they going to win. We don't know the circumstances in which the 5 losses occurred maybe the other team had 3 special teams TD's. If Carr had 77 perfect games and his record was 72-5 in those games you'd be screaming from the roof tops as would anybody that Carr was 72-5. A QB's job is to win games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

No that's actually not true nobody said if a QB has a perfect game it's a guaranteed win, like i said it's always some outliers but 94% win rate by your calculations and you acting like it's 50%, because I said I bet it's 99%. The bottom line if a QB has a perfect game it's a very high probability they going to win. We don't know the circumstances in which the 5 losses occurred maybe the other team had 3 special teams TD's. If Carr had 77 perfect games and his record was 72-5 in those games you'd be screaming from the roof tops as would anybody that Carr was 72-5. A QB's job is to win games.

again you said
how many perfect games by QB's ended in wins i'm willing to bet 99% of them.

you did not say some outliners, you said youd bet 99% were wins lol...  i never said 50%.. i just said qbs have lost having perfect games which show its not a qb stat... good try though lol

"We don't know the circumstances in which the 5 losses occurred maybe the other team had 3 special teams TD's"

again thank you thats my point

"If Carr had 77 perfect games and his record was 72-5 in those games you'd be screaming from the roof tops as would anybody that Carr was 72-5."

yes if carr was 72-5, with 77 perfect games id probably be arguing that he was 72-5 lol

" A QB's job is to win games."

agreed. i think thats any professional players job

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 2

I was listening to a Raiders podcast last night and a fan called in and made a lot of really great points. He said that we're stuck in a security blanket that is Derek Carr's mediocrity and that we're scared to move on because he has been the only real "bright spot" at QB during our struggles the last 17 years. He then cited Kansas City and how taking risks has elevated them from a middle of the road franchise to one of the elite teams in the league. In particular he spoke about them taking Patrick Mahomes despite having Alex Smith who was coming off of a decent year for them because his play wasn't good enough to get them over the hump.

We're in a pretty similar situation, Carr is okay but he has shown that he's not going to be the guy that leads you to wins. I don't care about passer rating, completion %, or YPA. The dude quite simply doesn't play well when the game is on the line or when we need to pull out a victory. We need to bring in a young stud QB behind Carr. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

" A QB's job is to win games."
agreed. i think thats any professional players job

At the end of the day though only QB and head coaches are judged on wins and losses. You never hear the media saying "this OC won blank games" or "this RB has a blank record in the NFL." 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Geez I can’t wait until the offseason begins in earnest and this Carr thing is settled one way or another. People on both sides of this conversation are being unreasonable.

This is pretty much what the whole offseason is going to be until we figure out what we're going to do at the position.