Head Coach Search

Acgott

11 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Wade Phillips would be a solid DC. 

It would be a dream hire, but we currently don't have the CB talent to make his schemes work, imo. Baker is going to be good year 2, but I don't think he will be an elite shut down guy next year. Maybe by the end of his contract yeah. 

14 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

It would be a dream hire, but we currently don't have the CB talent to make his schemes work, imo. Baker is going to be good year 2, but I don't think he will be an elite shut down guy next year. Maybe by the end of his contract yeah. 

I’m seeing Phil Snow being dropped as Rhules DC a lot. If that’s the case, I’m out on Rhule. 

7 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

I’m seeing Phil Snow being dropped as Rhules DC a lot. If that’s the case, I’m out on Rhule. 

uhhhh-19642258.png

EDIT: After doing some research, Snow isn't terrible. His defenses weren't bad, especially at Temple. Baylor was much improved on that side this year. I'm just scared hiring a first timer on defense. If he did go that route, I would prefer Richard to get the job. 

Edited by YogiBiz

39 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Hell ya he would be. I don't get why the Rams let him go was pretty shocking

Imo they spent all that money and underperformed. He was the scapegoat.  But historically “dream teams” and big names don’t translate to successful teams.  

I would be happy with:

Rhule as HC

Phillips as DC

Ryan as OC (not real excited about this but seems to be a marriage) 

McGaughey as ST coach

Lunda for TE coach, Gary Brown as RB coach, Bill Callahan as OL coach, Larry Johnson DL coach, DeMeco Ryans LB coach. 

I’d also like to bring in Marinelli/Richards and Chase Blackburn in some capacity.

Edit: i’d also completely redo strength/conditioning/training staff. 

Edited by Kodaraw

3 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

I would be happy with:

Rhule as HC

Phillips as DC

Ryan as OC (not real excited about this but seems to be a marriage) 

McGaughey as ST coach

Lunda for TE coach, Gary Brown as RB coach, Bill Callahan as OL coach, Larry Johnson DL coach, DeMeco Ryans LB coach. 

I’d also like to bring in Marinelli/Richards and Chase Blackburn in some capacity.

Edit: i’d also completely redo strength/conditioning/training staff. 

You can go ahead and pencil Phil Snow in for the DC job if Rhule gets the job. The only one that is up in the air is OC, Ryan is a hot name. The Dream scenario would be Joe Brady/stealing Kellen Moore from Dallas. 

3 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Yep.

Now it’s going all in on McDaniels Or Martindale. 

Nope. Jason Garrett is going to be our head coach, and I still wont have a reason to watch NFL games. I will matter of fact not watch a single Giants game if Garrett becomes our Head Coach. 

EDIT: Maybe a little extreme, but I would despise this organization. 

Edited by YogiBiz