BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Blue said:

You're attacking SirA for answering your question, WHICH HE DID, and ****ting on him like you think he's acting like some sort of authoritarian dictator. The reality is that it wasn't written down when the league moved over here, it was clearly an accidental oversight, and you responded like an absolute child over it. Of course I'm going to stick up for someone who didn't do anything wrong and got attacked for being helpful.

#1 i didn't attack him.

#2 he didn't answer MY question. 

#3 I even suggested it was a potential oversight.

#4 I was having a discussion, expressing opinions. Apparently that equates to acting like a child. 

You.do you booboo. Have a great day.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Okay. If we are defaulting to the way the NFL does it, H2H is first after record.

Here is the question I'd like answered; who made that determination? Everyone via vote or a singular indivual or portion of indiviuals?

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

The spreadsheet cant track h2h. It just uses numbers that are put in. We manually adjust at seasons end as needed.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

That did not answer the question i asked.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

It's been so long I don't recall but I imagine it was the group of owners who decided the NFL system was fine 

45 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That doesn't mean we shouldn't make a concrete decision on the matter. 

This is kind of where I tend to get frustrated, the attitude always seems to be "we will cross that bridge when we get to it". But the reality is YOURE STANDING DEAD CENTER on that bridge and my Peterbilt is headed your way, time to make a decision. 

44 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I made the decision unilaterally while flipping the bird to the rest of the owners Jerry Jones-style.

43 minutes ago, Blue said:

Because it is a total waste of our time to re-vote on every little thing in the league just because it doesn't suit one person.

SirA is right. This is the way it has always been done. There is no legitimate reason to change it. Get over it.

39 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

First of all. No one is talking about changing it for 1 person. Second of all, SirA doesn't exclusively operate this league, with all due respect. Thirdly all anyone suggested was a cohesive agreement on how its going to be done.

At least three people pointed out that SirA wasn't unilaterally making that decision (even if Ragnarok was being tongue in cheek about it), and there's no reason to take a vote on "who decided that." You CLEARLY didn't like the answer you got, tried to pin it on SirA exclusively, and immediately tried to start a vote to change it. GTFO here with this "I'm just trying to get it written down" crap. That is very obviously not what you wanted.

Edited by Blue

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

#1 i didn't attack him.

#2 he didn't answer MY question. 

#3 I even suggested it was a potential oversight.

#4 I was having a discussion, expressing opinions. Apparently that equates to acting like a child. 

You.do you booboo. Have a great day.

I have an issue with people who lie and try to take advantage of the system for their own benefit. You don't want to get called out for doing those things, stop doing them.

Blue, you're wrong that I didn't want clarity and to get it added to the rules. In FACT if you go back and look, I suggested it should be exactly what SirA and Rags said it was I was just asking for a more clear and unified response from people that this is the way it was intended to be.

I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you, your horse Is far too high for me to reach.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I have an issue with people who lie and try to take advantage of the system for their own benefit. You don't want to get called out for doing those things, stop doing them.

TF are you talking about trying to take advantage of the system for my own benefit?

So you think I wanted it different so that I could have the #1 seed? Is that what you're getting at?

Just now, wwhickok said:

Blue, you're wrong that I didn't want clarity and to get it added to the rules. In FACT if you go back and look, I suggested it should be exactly what SirA and Rags said it was I was just asking for a more clear and unified response from people that this is the way it was intended to be.

I literally just quoted you refusing to accept what four different people told you and calling for a vote on it with two weeks to play in the regular season.

Just now, wwhickok said:

TF are you talking about trying to take advantage of the system for my own benefit?

So you think I wanted it different so that I could have the #1 seed? Is that what you're getting at?

Well, from my perspective, you either have absolutely no idea how that looks to other people, or that's exactly what you were doing. Lemme know which one you want me to believe, I'll go with whatever you say.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The one question I'd pose and idk how the NFL does it tbh or if I'm simply missing a perspective, but should H2H and Divisional wins be reversed?

The reason I ask this is, while yes, I do have more division wins than Berlin, he has a head to head win over me. Wouldn't that mean he is seeded above me? Or are we saying it's still division win total first?

I'm not gonna complain about being a #1 seed but I don't think I've earned that spot. 

Just now, Blue said:

Well, from my perspective, you either have absolutely no idea how that looks to other people, or that's exactly what you were doing. Lemme know which one you want me to believe, I'll go with whatever you say.

And just for some context of where I'm coming from @wwhickok, we've had at least two former owners who would consistently propose rule changes that they had clearly already determined a way they could take advantage of, so I'm not terribly inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt in situations like this anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

And just for some context of where I'm coming from @wwhickok, we've had at least two former owners who would consistently propose rule changes that they had clearly already determined a way they could take advantage of, so I'm not terribly inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt in situations like this anymore.

Thats fine. I can appreciate that but thats not what I was doing.

I'll gladly accept you apology now.

Berlin beat me in a completely fair matchup. I didn't ultimately care how it was, divison then h2h or the other way. But I said very clearly I felt it should be h2h first. I said at one point based on comments by Counselor I agreed with Div being first but I could get behind the argument for h2h first and I AM the one that made the argument for it. Berlin has earned the #1 seed

All I was suggesting is if we didn't come to a clear resolution, we might want to consider voting. I never said a very was specifically necessary