HTTRDynasty

Rams Hiring KOC at OC

Smart move for O'Connell. Doesn't hurt McVay to have another person in the room with experience calling plays.

Word this whole time was that KOC would join McDaniels wherever he went, so this might be a strong indication McDaniels isn’t getting the Cleveland job. 

KOC probably regrets passing up the Redskins OC job now. 

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Word this whole time was that KOC would join McDaniels wherever he went, so this might be a strong indication McDaniels isn’t getting the Cleveland job. 

KOC probably regrets passing up the Redskins OC job now. 

If he wants to be a HC, he definitely doesn't. :P

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If he wants to be a HC, he definitely doesn't. :P

He was a little too late to hop on that train. Guess he didn’t get the memo the Rams offense sucks now ;)

Really though, he gave up play calling responsibilities and a really good relationship with Haskins just because Rivera wouldn’t allow him to hire his own assistants. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

He was a little too late to hop on that train. Guess he didn’t get the memo the Rams offense sucks now ;)

Really though, he gave up play calling responsibilities and a really good relationship with Haskins just because Rivera wouldn’t allow him to hire his own assistants. 

Rivera gave up a good coordinator because he wouldn't let him hire his own assistants.  Instead, we settled for Norval's son.  LOL on us.  KOC is gonna be fine.  

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

11th in points and 7th in YPG. If that's us during a sucky year, I'll take it. xD

What he essentially did was trade play-calling responsibilities for a better chance of becoming a HC in the immediate future.

maybe they will finally run the ball now

24 minutes ago, N4L said:

maybe they will finally run the ball now

We were top 10 in rushing attempts in both 2017 and 2018.

Just now, jrry32 said:

We were top 10 in rushing attempts in both 2017 and 2018.

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

oh ****, its 2020

(mcvay completely forgot to call running plays in 2019)

Just now, N4L said:

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

oh ****, its 2020

(mcvay completely forgot to call running plays in 2019)

(We weren't good at running the ball in 2019. He was right not to call more running plays.)

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

11th in points and 7th in YPG. If that's us during a sucky year, I'll take it. xD

What he essentially did was trade play-calling responsibilities for a better chance of becoming a HC in the immediate future.

16th in DVOA and 17th in weighted DVOA though. We’ll see if it pays off for him. 

52 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Rivera gave up a good coordinator because he wouldn't let him hire his own assistants.  Instead, we settled for Norval's son.  LOL on us.  KOC is gonna be fine.  

Yeah, your takes on Rivera’s hires are nothing if not predictable. He traded one complete unknown at OC for another. I’ll take the coach who learned at Norv’s knee, but to each his own. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

(We weren't good at running the ball in 2019. He was right not to call more running plays.)

(should have benched gurley, cut brown, and played Henderson 50% of the snaps)

I don't know why Henderson didn't get more run this year. 39 carries is a joke for an entire season for a third round pick. he was clearly the most dynamic runner you had. Malcom Brown is not good lol 

it was foolish, and I laughed at you for it

19 minutes ago, N4L said:

(should have benched gurley, cut brown, and played Henderson 50% of the snaps)

I don't know why Henderson didn't get more run this year. 39 carries is a joke for an entire season for a third round pick. he was clearly the most dynamic runner you had. Malcom Brown is not good lol 

it was foolish, and I laughed at you for it

Henderson cost us the first SF game and clearly wasn't ready for the role. If you think putting in a rookie who isn't ready to protect the passer behind a shaky OL is a good plan, well, that's why you're on the couch, my friend.