quaint seaside village mafia “Town wins. Josh draws short straw”

wolfeyestrk

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Depends on the cult mechanic, but it is almost always more difficult than mafia. It vanillas our roles and invalidates our investigations. 

If it's a cult that can take any town then it makes it harder yes, but isnt as much of a threat imo. That said, most of the cults recently (in my games as well) there has been a limitation to the roles they could recruit (that's why 1 of them I gave them an invest for my game). In that scenario the cult is far less harmful and chasing a smaller number of people puts town at a disadvantage

Make mafia worry about when a cult is gonna win or take over the game. Make them deal with it or lose. 

Hunt for mafia because they most likely have a hit that takes away a role and a player that is against them. They can limit the playing field to make it easier for any scum to win

Just now, The Orca said:

If it's a cult that can take any town then it makes it harder yes, but isnt as much of a threat imo. That said, most of the cults recently (in my games as well) there has been a limitation to the roles they could recruit (that's why 1 of them I gave them an invest for my game). In that scenario the cult is far less harmful and chasing a smaller number of people puts town at a disadvantage

Make mafia worry about when a cult is gonna win or take over the game. Make them deal with it or lose. 

Hunt for mafia because they most likely have a hit that takes away a role and a player that is against them. They can limit the playing field to make it easier for any scum to win

So a hit is -1 players. 

A conversion is -1 players and +1 to an enemy. 

But yeah a hit is worse 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So a hit is -1 players. 

But yeah a hit is worse 

Not only that its:

-1 town, +1 scum & it invalidates any moves/reads on the player & any moves they had. 

Like If I said "BCB is cleared, I investigated him last night". Cult is converting BCB. Now:

We lose BCB, his role & my investigation on him.

Scum gains BCB & my clear on him. 

@The Orca - cult is generally much harder to deal with. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Not only that its:

-1 town, +1 scum & it invalidates any moves/reads on the player & any moves they had. 

Like If I said "BCB is cleared, I investigated him last night". Cult is converting BCB. Now:

We lose BCB, his role & my investigation invest on him.

Scum gains BCB & my clear on him. 

@The Orca - cult is generally much harder to deal with. 

I’m surprised we agree on something 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

So a hit is -1 players. 

But yeah a hit is worse 

That 1 player is still against the mafia 

Assume ratio of 15-4-1

It takes 3 days of perfect conversions (which again I'm betting on limitations on number and who can be converted if there is a cult) to reach the size of the mafia. At the same time mafia can hit town and if town is lynched, after 3 days its 9-8 town vs scum (assuming just 1 hit and no vig, cult, or extra mafia hit

If there is a known cult outed then it makes more sense....but we know nothing right now