The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Dana was on a podcast and said they were pushing the Edwards-Chimaev fight back again. They must REALLY want to push Khamzat.

IIRC Dana said something along the lines of Chimaev was the most special fighter he has ever seen, even more so than Conor or Khabib. Excited to see how he looks against a true top contender in Edwards whenever that fight does happen. There's a huge difference between starching guys John Phillips, Rhys McKee, and Gerald Meerscharert and a top contender like Edwards.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I have a buddy that's super into MMA, he's actually who got me so into it. And he swears until he's blue in the face that Izzy wants to fight Jones but that Jones is ducking Izzy. And I'm just like bruh, yeah I'm sure Jones is ducking Izzy so much that he's moving up to HW for a fight against Stipe/Francis. That's what you do when you duck someone right? Move up a weight class and take a fight against a guy that's 10x more dangerous then the one you're ducking? 

Also hilarious that Izzy repeatedly preached about how he planned to stay at 185 because he wanted to clear out the division and break Anderson's record. But as soon as Jones vacates and leaves the division he immediately moves up. 

I agree 100% with the Jones stuff but who is the #1 MW contender right now that Izzy has to fight but hasn't already beaten? Him going to LHW now is fine by me. If Cannonier or Till had beaten Whittaker and then Izzy still moved to LHW I'd have a problem but there is nothing for him to do at MW yet. Let Whittaker/Costa get a win and see if they can challenge him again

Whittaker and Costa have been beaten

Cannonier and Till just lost to Whittaker 

Vettori just beat Hermannson but thats too far of a jump. 

He's already beaten Brunson and Kelvin

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree 100% with the Jones stuff but who is the #1 MW contender right now that Izzy has to fight but hasn't already beaten? Him going to LHW now is fine by me. If Cannonier or Till had beaten Whittaker and then Izzy still moved to LHW I'd have a problem but there is nothing for him to do at MW yet. Let Whittaker/Costa get a win and see if they can challenge him again

Whittaker and Costa have been beaten

Cannonier and Till just lost to Whittaker 

Vettori just beat Hermannson but thats too far of a jump. 

He's already beaten Brunson and Kelvin

Didn't izzy beat vettori also, but in a super tight decision?

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree 100% with the Jones stuff but who is the #1 MW contender right now that Izzy has to fight but hasn't already beaten? Him going to LHW now is fine by me. If Cannonier or Till had beaten Whittaker and then Izzy still moved to LHW I'd have a problem but there is nothing for him to do at MW yet. Let Whittaker/Costa get a win and see if they can challenge him again.

I agree 100% there's not really a ton of interesting fights available for him right now at 185 and I have no issue with him going up. I just think it's pretty evident that he doesn't want to fight JJ regardless of what he says on Twitter.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True but Izzy has too. No chance Brad Tavares survives a fight with Izzy(he was the guy Izzy fought after Vettori)

True but Romero, Silva, and Gastelum were all able to go the distance with Izzy. I still think Izzy beats Vettori but it'd be a good fight again, IMO.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Supposedly but the way HW moves that fight is forever away and if Stipe wins he wont fight again in 2021

Yeah, Stipe needs to be more active for sure. I'm sure the UFC is praying for Francis to KO him so they can set up a super fight between Jones/Francis. Although I would absolutely love to see JJ vs Izzy next but it just puts the LHW division in a weird spot either way. Is Izzy going to vacate the 185 pound belt if he beats Jan? If Jones beats Izzy (assuming he has the belt) does he just immediately vacate again and move up to HW?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Stipe needs to be more active for sure. I'm sure the UFC is praying for Francis to KO him so they can set up a super fight between Jones/Francis. Although I would absolutely love to see JJ vs Izzy next but it just puts the LHW division in a weird spot either way. Is Izzy going to vacate the 185 pound belt if he beats Jan? If Jones beats Izzy (assuming he has the belt) does he just immediately vacate again and move up to HW?

Jones said he's never going back to LHW now that's put on the mass for HW. He's rumored to be around 245 lbs now.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303