The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt that a little overblown? Wasn't he dealing with a staph infection in the Kattar fight?

His team said before the fight that it's been an ongoing issue. Not that it matters. Even in the few fights he's had that lasted 3 rounds, he's destroyed just about about everyone he's faced. Kind of shocked he hasn't been put up against better guys already, though, he's not the most active either.

32 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

His team said before the fight that it's been an ongoing issue. Not that it matters. Even in the few fights he's had that lasted 3 rounds, he's destroyed just about about everyone he's faced. Kind of shocked he hasn't been put up against better guys already, though, he's not the most active either.

Yea he has been slowly brought along. There hasn't really been a rush lately. The division is stacked. Beating Yair impressively could get him the next title shot but honestly he'll have to outdo Korean Zombie/Ortega

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea he has been slowly brought along. There hasn't really been a rush lately. The division is stacked. Beating Yair impressively could get him the next title shot but honestly he'll have to outdo Korean Zombie/Ortega

Him vs Zombie would be a dream. That's the fight to make. Winner fights Volk

Would love to see some cross-promotional fights between Bellator and the UFC.  Unfortunately, Uncle Dana is right.  They would not be very competitive.  If you go down the list of champs, I don't see many victories for the Bellator crew, and there are probably jut as many number 1 contenders in the UFC that could beat the Bellator champ.  This is one that I think could possibly be competitive, and I love they are talking ish to one another.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/08/bellator-champ-patricio-freire-unloads-on-alexander-volkanovski-after-ufc-champs-dig

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

As long as it isn't Max 3, I'm happy. Dana needs to move on and max needs to move up

Yea I mean I get it because it was close but show some respect to Volkanovski and let him fight someone else. He said it best, is he going to just keep fighting Max until he loses?

Idk if Max should move up but I think he needs to fight 1-2 more at FW to get back at the title, maybe 1 if the title holder isnt Volkanovski

25 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Would love to see some cross-promotional fights between Bellator and the UFC.  Unfortunately, Uncle Dana is right.  They would not be very competitive.  If you go down the list of champs, I don't see many victories for the Bellator crew, and there are probably jut as many number 1 contenders in the UFC that could beat the Bellator champ.  This is one that I think could possibly be competitive, and I love they are talking ish to one another.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/08/bellator-champ-patricio-freire-unloads-on-alexander-volkanovski-after-ufc-champs-dig

Pitbull is one of if not the best chance Bellator has at getting a W in a Champ-Champ fight for sure.

Does anyone besides the UFC not want a cross promotional contest? If the UFC really has the best talent/fighters and it isnt close(and I tend to agree with that) then why not put a hurting on Bellator as a company and just starch their best talent?

I guess it would suck because it would hold up both promotions definitely their belts against their own people but it would still count as fights on their contract and people get paid. I just wonder if contractually people would demand more in a "champ-champ" fight or play hardball. Probably so...

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Pitbull is one of if not the best chance Bellator has at getting a W in a Champ-Champ fight for sure.

Does anyone besides the UFC not want a cross promotional contest? If the UFC really has the best talent/fighters and it isnt close(and I tend to agree with that) then why not put a hurting on Bellator as a company and just starch their best talent?

I guess it would suck because it would hold up both promotions definitely their belts against their own people but it would still count as fights on their contract and people get paid. I just wonder if contractually people would demand more in a "champ-champ" fight or play hardball. Probably so...

I would give Cyborg a chance in a rematch against Nunes.  Other than that.....not much happening in favor of Bellator.  Nemkov against Bones is a complete mismatch, but Nemkov against the winner of Jan v Reyes is pretty interesting.  Usman v Lima kinda interesting too.

6 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I would give Cyborg a chance in a rematch against Nunes.  Other than that.....not much happening in favor of Bellator.  Nemkov against Bones is a complete mismatch, but Nemkov against the winner of Jan v Reyes is pretty interesting.  Usman v Lima kinda interesting too.

Agreed. I do think Gegard Mousasi vs Izzy would be cool too even though he isnt champ

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the Paulo Costa vs Israel Adesanya fight because the banter and lead up should be great. But realistically I think Adesanya is going to piece him up and win by TKO. I honestly still don't really understand why Costa has so much hype leading up to the fight. 

His UFC resume: 

TKO vs Garreth McLellan (1-4 in the UFC before getting cut)

TKO vs Oluwale Bamgbose (1-4 in the UFC) 

TKO vs Johnny Hendricks (1-5 in his last 6 UFC bouts)

TKO vs Uriah Hall (1-3 in the 4 bouts leading up to the fight)

Split decision W vs Yoel Romero (Sloppy fight you can argue he lost) 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm looking forward to the Paulo Costa vs Israel Adesanya fight because the banter and lead up should be great. But realistically I think Adesanya is going to piece him up and win by TKO. I honestly still don't really understand why Costa has so much hype leading up to the fight. 

His UFC resume: 

TKO vs Garreth McLellan (1-4 in the UFC before getting cut)

TKO vs Oluwale Bamgbose (1-4 in the UFC) 

TKO vs Johnny Hendricks (1-5 in his last 6 UFC bouts)

TKO vs Uriah Hall (1-3 in the 4 bouts leading up to the fight)

Split decision W vs Yoel Romero (Sloppy fight you can argue he lost) 

I've wondered the exact same thing. We'll find out soon enough but I think he was the only one left since Cannonier got hurt. Whittaker just fought Till and didnt deserve an immediate rematch. Joker lost to Cannonier and there's no chance Yoel gets another title fight