The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If Conor beats Poirier, he tweeted he was open to fighting RDA which makes sense considering they were scheduled to fight in the past.

Feel like Conor's been honeydicking us lately. Everyone who calls him out, he gives a long-a$$ "I accept" speech that really means nothing. Kinda funny too for a guy who's supposedly retired.

I would love to see that fight though. The one that got away - I sometimes think how much different the MMA landscape would have turned out if RDA didn't break his foot. Diaz vs Conor 1 (and subsequently 2) doesn't happen. I think Conor beats RDA, then since he doesn't go down the rabbit hole of rematches with Diaz, maybe he sticks around to try and defend the 145 belt. Maybe Conor-Holloway happens at 145? idk. Fun to think about.

Not sure how the fight goes today. RDA has a clear advantage in the grappling. You'd think Conor needs to land a big shot and put him away - RDA's been really durable at WW, but that might not be the same back at LW. But my gut says it would go similar to RDA-Pettis, with RDA winning by overwhelming pressure.

• Like 1