The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

On 3/7/2021 at 2:22 PM, BayRaider said:

Yep, the belt thing was part of the act. Otherwise he wouldn’t of accepted it from the start. People with any acting lessons or psychology classes can easily see Sterling was acting. 

Man, theres so many just horrendous thoughts in this thread but this one almost takes the cake. theres really nothing more to say than that.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:11 AM, mse326 said:

Then the people you are with are morons. Meryl Streep isn't good enough an actor to be that convincing

dude took a knee flush with just about no ability to roll or pull from it and dudes out here saying hes faking. huh?

In the past, a fighter would have 1 knee down, and one hand down, and literally bait the other fighter into an illegal strike.  The fighter in the better position would often attempt to lift the guys arms off the mat, in order to strike his opponent.  Whether he was faking or not as a way out of the fight ( he clearly was gassing and headed in the wrong direction) the fact is he did nothing to get out of that vulnerable position, and imo baited Yan into making a stupid move.  Yan took the bait.

44 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

In the past, a fighter would have 1 knee down, and one hand down, and literally bait the other fighter into an illegal strike.  The fighter in the better position would often attempt to lift the guys arms off the mat, in order to strike his opponent.  Whether he was faking or not as a way out of the fight ( he clearly was gassing and headed in the wrong direction) the fact is he did nothing to get out of that vulnerable position, and imo baited Yan into making a stupid move.  Yan took the bait.

Yea its a real shame because I thought Aljo started off great and Yan was turning it on as the fight went on. The 5th round could've been for it all

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea its a real shame because I thought Aljo started off great and Yan was turning it on as the fight went on. The 5th round could've been for it all

I think it was 2-1 Petr, and winning the 4th.  It's a fight, so anything can happen.  But it wasn't looking too good for Sterling.

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I think it was 2-1 Petr, and winning the 4th.  It's a fight, so anything can happen.  But it wasn't looking too good for Sterling.

Id have to rewatch it, I remember thinking Aljo won the 1st and maybe the 2nd but I could be misremembering, so many shenanigans went on that night

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I very, very much doubt Aljo was on a knee so Yan would knee him. In fact, im nearly positive it was the opposite, he was gassing and tried to avoid those kind of strikes. 

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

1 more women's 145 lbs fight then they are getting rid of it

according to megan anderson

I get it but at the same time I kind of thought they'd keep it around to keep Amanda happy. With that said I'm excited because Bantamweight is at least a more competitive division even though she'll still dominate it.

25 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone else think this is a dangerous fight for Leon?

Leons best wins are an old RDA and Luque who wasnt the fighter then that he is now. I might argue that if he beats Belal it would be the best fighter hes won against. I honestly think it should be essentially even odds.