The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Dope.

Guess this means Dustin - Conor 3 is happening, and winner gets the next title shot. This is how I would've done it.

It does mean Gaethje's kind of out in the cold. Don't see a great fight for him right now. Perhaps he gets RDA/Makhachev, or he just keeps sitting for a while.

We knew someone was going to be left out in the cold, makes sense that if Conor/Dustin is going to happen and not for the belt that you'd give Chandler/Olives the shot since Justin just lost and Chandler/Olives are the hot thing now

Idk, I love Justin but maybe he fights Diaz or something?

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We knew someone was going to be left out in the cold, makes sense that if Conor/Dustin is going to happen and not for the belt that you'd give Chandler/Olives the shot since Justin just lost and Chandler/Olives are the hot thing now

Idk, I love Justin but maybe he fights Diaz or something?

Sounds like he was expecting to fight Chandler. I'm guessing they offered the title fight to all three guys, in case one turned it down/couldn't make it.

Anyway, interested to see where Gaethje goes next. Surely he'll need to take another fight against someone lower down. vs Diaz would be a big draw, if Nate's willing to fight, though that's a terrible idea for Nate.

lol I love watching the replays on ESPN of PPVs that Goldy obviously called. They may have even had Jimmy Smith but it's mainly quiet until Rogan starts talking. It's cool because we get all the ambient/background noises but it's weird cuz it's just Joe talking.

Francis Ngannou has spent a combined 2:42 in the octagon since his fight vs Derrick Lewis. That fight went 3 rounds, was a snooze fest, and happened on July 7th, 2018. So...in almost 3 years, Ngannou has spent less than 3 minutes, in 4 fights, in the octagon.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Francis Ngannou has spent a combined 2:42 in the octagon since his fight vs Derrick Lewis. That fight went 3 rounds, was a snooze fest, and happened on July 7th, 2018. So...in almost 3 years, Ngannou has spent less than 3 minutes, in 4 fights, in the octagon.

That can go both ways right? He’s starching dudes which is great but Stipe could last a while and then what?

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

He gets his second red panty night in a row. My friend, Dustin is not getting screwed here.

Yeah, I'm sure Poirier could've fought for the title next if he wanted too. But so much more money to be made in a Conor trilogy fight. Especially if there's fans.

• Like 2