The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Whats up with all of these fighters from Dagestan retiring early due to health issues. Apparently Zabit might retire and Chamaev might retire as well. 

Zabit has an issue with his diaphragm which can be contributed to his conditioning issues. No point in being a fighter anymore if your having lung issues. 

Chimaev is fine now and is trying to get fights booked at 170 and 185. Wants to fight Islam at 170 because they have beef now.

I just want someone to shut the guy up. One of the most annoying fighters on social media. Book a fight or shut the hell up.

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Zabit has an issue with his diaphragm which can be contributed to his conditioning issues. No point in being a fighter anymore if your having lung issues. 

Chimaev is fine now and is trying to get fights booked at 170 and 185. Wants to fight Islam at 170 because they have beef now.

I just want someone to shut the guy up. One of the most annoying fighters on social media. Book a fight or shut the hell up.

I thought Islam fought at 155?

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

As much as I dont want Islam to move up he needs someone legit to fight him. Everyone else is ducking

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Woodley said this is the biggest purse in his combat sports career.

yes, because its very likely going to sell over 1.25M ppvs. Hes prob making very comparable guaranteed money (if not more) as to when he was the champ and hes going to sell double if not triple the amount of ppvs. This isnt because UFC or strikeforce doesnt pay their champs well, its because people will pay to watch Jake Paul do a  lot of things. 

On 6/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not surprised, Ben said the same. Yea Woodley was a UFC champ but this fight probably is even bigger

Yeah the Woodley/Paul fight will be on Showtime boxing as opposed to Thriller too. So I'd expect less music and BS with a few more fun/high profile bouts on the card. 

On 6/1/2021 at 6:26 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

yes, because its very likely going to sell over 1.25M ppvs. Hes prob making very comparable guaranteed money (if not more) as to when he was the champ and hes going to sell double if not triple the amount of ppvs. This isnt because UFC or strikeforce doesnt pay their champs well, its because people will pay to watch Jake Paul do a  lot of things. 

Bisping said he was offered $500k guaranteed + PPV points to box Jake. And agreed Jake has done an excellent job of promoting himself. I think most will be tuned in praying that someone can finally beat him. 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Haven't watched yet, any good? 

So as someone that has watched every season and is happy its back I'm like eh...

Volk/Ortega aren't exciting characters, there's alot of sad stories etc but thats typical. The fight wasnt really all that exciting although its ballsy to go #1 v #1 right off the bat(wont spoil the fight for you)

Its been just 1 episode and I'm sure it'll pick up but 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303