The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

20 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not sure what the plan is with Pavlovich. Aspinall already beat Spivak convincingly and it sounds like Tom wants Gane next...Pav should be next for Jones

He's the backup for Stipe/Jones so he's probably next. Honestly don't see either of those guys fighting after that fight so will probably be Pav vs Tom if Spivac wins, or Pav vs Tom/Gane winner if Gane wins, for the vacant belt. 

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

He's the backup for Stipe/Jones so he's probably next. Honestly don't see either of those guys fighting after that fight so will probably be Pav vs Tom if Spivac wins, or Pav vs Tom/Gane winner if Gane wins, for the vacant belt. 

Idk why you think Jones will retire after just 2 fights at HW?

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just dont buy it. If anything i feel like he’s selling the fight as possibly his last. All that time and work to go up to HW and he bails after 2 fights?

I think he knows what he's doing by having his two HW fights be a kickboxer like Gane and a 41 year old Stipe who hasn't fought in 2.5 years. He can say he was 2-0 after moving up to HW and have a claim on the GOAT status forever without really facing someone that poses a big threat to him. Gane and Stipe obviously both can pull off an upset, but it's smart matchmaking on his part.