The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

34 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

they really gotta change the formula it's so ******* boring. i watched like 6 episodes hoping they realized that, but nah didn't happen. just show house ****. don't spend 20 minutes doing the boring fighter backstory videos. every season of the TUF feels like the same exact ****. hasn't been a good season since the 115 woman's championship one 

Yea everyone on the show has this ridiculous back story, they are definitely trying to push that narrative. Like it isnt just good enough to be talented, you have to have led a tragic life too

22 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What did he say?

It is so crazy that Jake is a bigger favorite vs Woodley than he was vs Askren

He just doesn't sound confident at all. I'll try to link the interview but some of the notable quotes included: 

"I've been training two styles of boxing, one with Floyd's coach that's about countering and one with a Cuban boxing coach that's more like dancing." 

"I'm the first fighter free agent so I can fight in any promotion that I choose too for any amount that I want whenever I want."

"I see Jake and I fighting a few times," then later went onto say "There are so many belts in boxing I'm just trying to figure out which one that I'm going to win first." 

"I'm going to start my own fight promotion after this fight and if I feel passionate about it then I may begin to promote other fighters."

He sounded like he was just making stuff up as he went and has zero confidence he can actually beat Jake Paul. 

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting he always seemed to have too much going on

Here's the interview. Honestly though throughout the interview it sounded like he was making up ish as he went and to me he sounds like a guy that has zero confidence that he's going to win, lol.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea everyone on the show has this ridiculous back story, they are definitely trying to push that narrative. Like it isnt just good enough to be talented, you have to have led a tragic life too

feel like most the time they don't even have a tragic backstory. it's just like "yeah i have a girlfriend and a dog and a regular job, we don't do a whole lot, i just train and sleep" and it's like ok cool great i love watching 10 minutes of this ****, can't wait to watch this next dudes backstory. "hey guy's i'm aaron i wanna be the best, i just train and eat" fantastic 10 more minutes of this dude that obviously isn't UFC caliber telling us about his regular *** life i love it. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

they really gotta change the formula it's so ******* boring. i watched like 6 episodes hoping they realized that, but nah didn't happen. just show house ****. don't spend 20 minutes doing the boring fighter backstory videos. every season of the TUF feels like the same exact ****. hasn't been a good season since the 115 woman's championship one 

The biggest issue with TUF this year was that the coaches were boring. Obviously Volk and Ortega are both great fighters and their fight will be very good. But neither guy really talks a lot of crap and didn't really have a beef between each other. 

They originally wanted Conor/Khabib to be the coaches but when that fell out they wanted Usman/Masvidal to be the coaches. Colby/Masvidal as the coaches would've been very entertaining as well. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Clay Guida is making his 31st UFC appearance and 57th professional MMA bout tonight? I thought he retired in the tap out era. When the hell did he beat Michael Johnson!?

Michael Johnson might have the best resume of any average fighter in the UFC:

Poirier-Ferguson-Edson are better than any 3 wins most average dudes got

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)