The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yup...251 is going to be a major letdown 

you didn't expect him to beat Volk did you?

I think there are options to replace Burns. Usman isn't unbeatable. Anyone that can punch better than Colby could have had their way with him in the last fight

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Absolutely but how can he on such short notice? I mean even if the money is what he wants, without preparing he'll get dominated

Well, they are in negotiations so it's probably gonna happen unless Jorge demands a ton. He's got leverage but he can't sit on it too long. 

14 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

you didn't expect him to beat Volk did you?

I think there are options to replace Burns. Usman isn't unbeatable. Anyone that can punch better than Colby could have had their way with him in the last fight

I expected the fight to be closer at least but my comment was more or less directed at the Max news but also the Burns getting Covid news. 

Usman definitely isnt unbeatable but most people who punch better than Colby probably dont have his wrestling chops and therefore Usman would just grind them out

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I expected the fight to be closer at least but my comment was more or less directed at the Max news but also the Burns getting Covid news. 

Usman definitely isnt unbeatable but most people who punch better than Colby probably dont have his wrestling chops and therefore Usman would just grind them out

He's gonna lay on top of Masvidal the whole fight like he did to Woodley.

And unless Max learned how to check leg kicks, he won't win either.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

on the other hand I doubt kamaru was training as much for wrestling since Burns is so good on the ground and it would prob be a waste of time or even more dangerous than a standup fight

I’m guessing the narrative for him will be favorable taking it on such short notice. Usman probably doesnt have to train a ton to have a massive advantage on the ground. I hope Masvidal wins or at least makes it a barn burner but idk

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)