2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

56 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Good for him. Definitely will play a lot for them. Be interesting to see the #s

Kind of feel bad for Logan

Helped turn this secondary around, was apart of a good run here with the Titans 

Now has to play for the Jets

Hoped he had caught on with a better team but that’s where either he or his agents misrepresented the situation by asking for 10 mill a year 

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

:x:x:x:x

This is absolute gold and all they need to do is play this all season to motivate. Hard to believe even after beating the Patriots in Foxborough to end the dynasty they got zero respect against Baltimore.

Yet even after beating the Patriots and then subsequently annihilating the Ravens both on the road, still no respect for Tennessee from a lot of people this offseason. Which is fine because this team seems to do better with the underdog mentality anyways.

The AFC is wide open, no reason the Titans can't win their division and maybe even lock in a top two seed.

21 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya I still think KC is atop the AFC

Baltimore is probably behind them

After that it is wide open

When I said wide open I didn't discount KC. I know they are legit and they just won the Super Bowl. However, there are not usually repeat back to back Super Bowl champions the NFL is all about parody so look for KC's road to get tougher. The Ravens are not a sure thing I think we showed how to solve Lamar and until he develops his outside passing he will start to struggle more and more.

Even if KC and Baltimore are the top two that leaves four playoff spots as of now and that to me is wide open.

Also I read on the NFL's website that according to them the Colts are AFC contenders? I wonder in what world the Titans will ever get credit for anything they do it blows my mind.

Edited by Titan89

1 hour ago, Titan89 said:

When I said wide open I didn't discount KC. I know they are legit and they just won the Super Bowl. However, there are not usually repeat back to back Super Bowl champions the NFL is all about parody so look for KC's road to get tougher. The Ravens are not a sure thing I think we showed how to solve Lamar and until he develops his outside passing he will start to struggle more and more.

Even if KC and Baltimore are the top two that leaves four playoff spots as of now and that to me is wide open.

Also I read on the NFL's website that according to them the Colts are AFC contenders? I wonder in what world the Titans will ever get credit for anything they do it blows my mind.

Yes I know we beat Lamar

But in that game his guys dropped a ton of balls

Also since that game they already had a good defense and they’ve done nothing but add to it including a guy who gives us all kinds of fits in Calais Campbell

Just because we beat them in 1 game doesnt mean we are all of a sudden better 

Granted Lamar could take a step back but that team is still very good 

As far as the Titans go, yes they had a good run to end the season but the big picture is they still finished 9-7 again

This team blew the home opener to the Colts, got embarrassed by the Jags on TNF and lost the division on their home field to the Texans

We have no idea If one of the Titans biggest flaws was fixed this offseason in the pass rush

If the Titans do their job they’ll get credit but the Titans need to find a way to take the next step and win the division 

This year more than last year is very important to get a division win 

Last year week 17 and 3 playoff games were all on the road 

This year weeks 16 and 17 are on the road so they might want to make a run at the division and the bye for that matter with a stacked road schedule to close out the 2nd half of the year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan89 said:

Repeats don't happen often, no, but neither do QBs like Patrick Mahomes.  And having two juggernaut teams in front of you before you can get to the Super Bowl is hardly wide open.

Yeah, Lamar struggled against Tennessee.  He's a QB in his second season.  Young QBs struggle in the playoffs.  I don't think we've found the formula to stop him so much as we happened to get him in a bad game, and like TF617 said, his guys dropped a lot of passes.

The Colts could very well be contenders.  If you'll recall, they beat us with Jacoby Brissett.  Now they have two stout RBs and Philip Rivers.  If he's got even a little bit left in the tank, they're a dangerous team.

The Titans are gonna have a tough road living up to expectations this season.  We definitely improved our Edge pass rush, but there's a good chance we've taken a step back on the interior, and there's a very, very good chance that Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill both regress.  We've got to hope that our improvements outweigh our regressions.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Repeats don't happen often, no, but neither do QBs like Patrick Mahomes.  And having two juggernaut teams in front of you before you can get to the Super Bowl is hardly wide open.

Yeah, Lamar struggled against Tennessee.  He's a QB in his second season.  Young QBs struggle in the playoffs.  I don't think we've found the formula to stop him so much as we happened to get him in a bad game, and like TF617 said, his guys dropped a lot of passes.

The Colts could very well be contenders.  If you'll recall, they beat us with Jacoby Brissett.  Now they have two stout RBs and Philip Rivers.  If he's got even a little bit left in the tank, they're a dangerous team.

The Titans are gonna have a tough road living up to expectations this season.  We definitely improved our Edge pass rush, but there's a good chance we've taken a step back on the interior, and there's a very, very good chance that Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill both regress.  We've got to hope that our improvements outweigh our regressions.

Ya I laugh at people when they laugh about why take the Colts seriously 

Im scared of the Colts and always will be 

Colts have a great offensive line and we lack a good pass rush from our front 7

Even the game in Indy last season look at what it took to beat them

3 missed kicks and a QB who finally turned the ball over when they were up 17-7

Its just never easy vs those guys

Rivers seems to suck and throw picks against every team in the league it feels like but against the Titans he always always always plays well enough to win games 

Like Daniel pointed out they did add some good RBs around him 

If they can manage him like the Titans did with Tannehill to a degree and Rivers doesn’t turn the ball over there’s no reason why they won’t have a shot at the division 

Also their schedule is a littler easier than ours, we have to host Buffalo who might win the AFC East and we can’t ever beat those guys anymore for what ever reason while the Colts have the Jets and we get Denver a tough team tough place to play while they get Vegas

No disrespect to the Colts but how can you look at their roster and say they are more of a contender than the Titans? Rivers is not the same he used to be. He actually had better overall weapons with the Chargers imo but not as good an O line as he will have now.

The Colts seemingly always give the Titans issues but no way you can look at the rosters and say they are better than the Titans. Also my original point was AFC contenders some places are saying for the Colts. Don't get how you can say them over the Titans.

Also I get KC and Baltimore are great teams, KC is great because of Mahomes and will be for awhile. Lamar Jackson is not Mahomes I am sorry. You force him to pass a lot he is not comfortable. Easier said than done but to me Lamar did well because of his scheme and because he can run. I do think he is a solid QB but he is not in a league of his own like Mahomes.

I actually think the toughest team we play on our schedule is the Bills. The Bills are strong pretty much everywhere look out for them in the AFC.

Bottom line there are six playoff spots and in my mind KC is the only elite team for sure in the AFC. Baltimore is going to have a tougher time this year. No reason the Titans can't make serious noise and take a top seed.

Edited by Titan89

12 hours ago, Titan89 said:

No disrespect to the Colts but how can you look at their roster and say they are more of a contender than the Titans? Rivers is not the same he used to be. He actually had better overall weapons with the Chargers imo but not as good an O line as he will have now.

The Colts seemingly always give the Titans issues but no way you can look at the rosters and say they are better than the Titans. Also my original point was AFC contenders some places are saying for the Colts. Don't get how you can say them over the Titans.

Also I get KC and Baltimore are great teams, KC is great because of Mahomes and will be for awhile. Lamar Jackson is not Mahomes I am sorry. You force him to pass a lot he is not comfortable. Easier said than done but to me Lamar did well because of his scheme and because he can run. I do think he is a solid QB but he is not in a league of his own like Mahomes.

I actually think the toughest team we play on our schedule is the Bills. The Bills are strong pretty much everywhere look out for them in the AFC.

Bottom line there are six playoff spots and in my mind KC is the only elite team for sure in the AFC. Baltimore is going to have a tougher time this year. No reason the Titans can't make serious noise and take a top seed.

I'll go one bold at a time: the Colts have a strong roster, and upgrades at QB are the one that matter most.  Rivers only needs to be a shadow of what he once was for the Colts to make noise.

The Colts will have one of the best Olines in the league.  I really don't see how you can say our OL will be definitively better.  Davis was OK, Wilson will be a raw rookie, and Jones and Saffold are both old.

No, he's not Mahomes.  He's just the reigning MVP after his second season in football.  He may have just had a really great season and regress, but there's an equally good chance he improves and is even better.  To not call the Ravens an elite team, going into the season, at least, is pretty questionable.

The Bills will be a tough team, but they've not proven anything yet.  The Ravens, Packers, and Vikings look much more intimidating unless Allen takes a big step forward.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Another topic about Clowney.... but why? Are they that slow with stories that they have to continue to write about a free agent?

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is yes, but even with other stuff going on, Clowney was the top rated free agent for the offseason, after Brady.  So until he's signed, it's a story.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'll go one bold at a time: the Colts have a strong roster, and upgrades at QB are the one that matter most.  Rivers only needs to be a shadow of what he once was for the Colts to make noise.

The Colts will have one of the best Olines in the league.  I really don't see how you can say our OL will be definitively better.  Davis was OK, Wilson will be a raw rookie, and Jones and Saffold are both old.

No, he's not Mahomes.  He's just the reigning MVP after his second season in football.  He may have just had a really great season and regress, but there's an equally good chance he improves and is even better.  To not call the Ravens an elite team, going into the season, at least, is pretty questionable.

The Bills will be a tough team, but they've not proven anything yet.  The Ravens, Packers, and Vikings look much more intimidating unless Allen takes a big step forward.

When did I say our O line is better than Indy's? I said Rivers would have a better O line now in Indy than he did for the Chargers. However, he has less weapons in Indy than he did with the Chargers. Allen, Williams, Henry and Ekeler/Gordon who he had last year is better than Hilton, Pascal, rookie WR, Doyle and Mack/Taylor. Remains to be seen how it will play out but the Colts should not scare the Titans.

I said both KC and Baltimore are great teams and I expect both to make the playoffs. However, the Ravens have to contend with their division which I think will be better than people realize this year. Not going to coast as easy like last year playing a quarterback less Steelers, a tanking Bengals and a disappointing Browns. All three of those teams will be tougher outs this year. I'd also like to point out the Titans hold serve on Baltimore till they prove one on one against us. We stomped them, in their own barn not the other way around. How people can't give the Titans any credit for that is questionable. Lamar Jackson is solid, I know I had him on my fantasy team and appreciated his play because of it. I just don't think he is going to do any better than he did last season.

I was strictly talking the AFC playoff picture but yes I stand by the Bills are the toughest team on our schedule. That has to do with like I said we beat the Ravens last time and no reason we can't do it again. Packers are tough in Lambeau and the Vikings are tough too but imo the Bills are the most complete team we play in every phase. People sleep on Josh Allen but imo he is going to end up being the best QB from his class. My personal opinion but I think people will see this year.

In any event I respect the opinions of everyone on this forum. It's the whole point of it. It's all opinion we shall see how it goes. I just really like the Titans chances this year and wish more Titan fans would have more faith and not listen to the so called "experts" and be proud of what this team has become.

Edited by Titan89

10 hours ago, Titan89 said:

When did I say our O line is better than Indy's?

You did not.  I misread a prior comment because I'm a dummy.

10 hours ago, Titan89 said:

In any event I respect the opinions of everyone on this forum. It's the whole point of it. It's all opinion we shall see how it goes. I just really like the Titans chances this year and wish more Titan fans would have more faith and not listen to the so called "experts" and be proud of what this team has become.

Aight, that's fair.  I don't want to rain on your parade and ruin the mood of a successful season, but until the Titans are THE team to beat, they're facing an uphill battle.  Even if the Ravens regress, they're a great team, and if someone in their division beats them out, we're still facing a very good team from the AFCN.  With the coaching turnover and our two most important offensive players coming off career seasons, I'm just bracing for regression.

I'm optimistic we'll compete for the playoffs, for sure, but I don't know if we're like a Super Bowl team this season, unless a lot of things go right.