Week 3 GDT - Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

And? Should they feel responsible that Hoyer has been playing like trash even by his standards? Dude is a stop gap, you're not looking at this play and trying to draw any serious prognosis for the future of this team. 

Seeing guys like Taylor, the O-line, Hyde, Breida and Garcon all step  up. That's what i'm excited about. 

Speaking of Breida, I'd really love to know why he got fewer carries than Mostert....

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hoyer had a good game for him without question. Sure he had a terrible pick and made some other bad decisions, but he's not a good QB so that is expected. But he made some nice throws and had the offense moving all game. This was the best our offense has looked since 2012 days. 

Really? Without question?

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

When Ward, Williams and Tart are your top 3 tacklers... signs of trouble... Buckner did his thing but where was our LB's?

D-line is holding their own in the run game more often than not. LBers are not helping, especially on the perimeter. 

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

When Ward, Williams and Tart are your top 3 tacklers... signs of trouble... Buckner did his thing but where was our LB's?

Bowman was bad and Armstrong is just what he is. The loss of Foster was huge. He was turning into our best or second best defender in short time. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Really? Without question?

Yes. Really. FOR HIM it was a good game. He's not a good QB, do you disagree with that? If you could get this type of performance from a bad or extremely mediocre QB, you take it. Also, there were like five or six drops you have to take into account.

Bowman was bad and Armstrong is just what he is. The loss of Foster was huge. He was turning into our best or second best defender in short time. 

It's so funny to read that, and then remember back when TC/preseason was just getting started, and we weren't even sure he was going to start because of Smith lol.

Absolutely. Kills me to say it, but Malcolm Smith is actually missed. He could rotate in for Bow on a short week like this.  I expected more from Ray Ray coming in, but clearly I was naive.

Yep, by all accounts Smith was having a strong camp. Just his athleticism would have helped so much in coverage. 

Overall, I'm really pleased with all three of our safeties though. They are playing fast and physical while at the same time now blowing any assignments. Granted, Ward had a bad personal foul call but I love the way he comes up to tackle. 

Yes. Really. FOR HIM it was a good game. He's not a good QB, do you disagree with that? If you could get this type of performance from a bad or extremely mediocre QB, you take it. Also, there were like five or six drops you have to take into account.

I was literally clarifying the FOR HIM part. I still think it was a bad performance by him, but not god awful. I wouldn't call it good, but it was more the kind of mistakes he made were just at the worst possible times. Missing Taylor and the pick 6 were just really, really bad plays on his part. Not his normal hook zone interception. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, by all accounts Smith was having a strong camp. Just his athleticism would have helped so much in coverage. 

Overall, I'm really pleased with all three of our safeties though. They are playing fast and physical while at the same time now blowing any assignments. Granted, Ward had a bad personal foul call but I love the way he comes up to tackle. 

Did anyone notice Jerome at all? I really didn't. I know that they weren't throwing it much when he came in, and of course, the big pass plays were busted zones from the linebackers, so I'm really not sure how he did in his first action.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Totally agree on the safeties. Re-up Ward, resign Reid and bring back Tartt. Figure out a way to get these guys on the field on second and third down. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's so funny to read that, and then remember back when TC/preseason was just getting started, and we weren't even sure he was going to start because of Smith lol.

Exactly why I wasn't upset with his injury as bad as it sounds LOL. But looking back at it, we sure could use Smith, even if it is just to rotate him with Bowman. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Did anyone notice Jerome at all? I really didn't. I know that they weren't throwing it much when he came in, and of course, the big pass plays were busted zones from the linebackers, so I'm really not sure how he did in his first action.

Nah, didn't really notice him. Saw him in the game but not sure how he played. The Rams really didn't get to do much after he came in anyways though. They scored a few plays later, had a three and out next possession, fumbled the kickoff, failed to recover the onside kick and then just ran the clock out. 

Next week hopefully Foster is back and Tartt is able to play. But man that kick to the head looked bad. A definite concussion. Really, you can't tell me Hyde or Taylor didn't suffer a concussion either. What a brutal brutal game...

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

I was literally clarifying the FOR HIM part. I still think it was a bad performance by him, but not god awful. I wouldn't call it good, but it was more the kind of mistakes he made were just at the worst possible times. Missing Taylor and the pick 6 were just really, really bad plays on his part. Not his normal hook zone interception. 

Again, it's all for the type of expectations you have for him. If you have accept he is a mediocre QB, then you have to like his performance. It was far from a mistake free performance but he made some big time throws down the sidelines and threw a few nice deep balls. The drops killed a 360+ passing yard performance with potentially three TD passes.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, it's all for the type of expectations you have for him. If you have accept he is a mediocre QB, then you have to like his performance. It was far from a mistake free performance but he made some big time throws down the sidelines and threw a few nice deep balls. The drops killed a 360+ passing yard performance with potentially three TD passes.

Fair enough points. 

I think if their is one thing to care about from this game in regards to Hoyer, it's that he appears to finally be getting on the same page with some guys.  He was having issues with turning in the right direction come two weeks ago. Once he gets Taylor and Kittle going, I think we might see some consistent scoring. And by consistent I mean getting over 14 points a game, lol. 

Archived