209's Minny Mock

vikings209

CB Diggs 1st- I like Diggs here for a few reasons. First he's got great talent. He's fast, athletic, tall, ranging type of corner that Zim likes. 2nd he's also raw enough Zim can mold him to the way he wants. 3rd he fills a need. And lastly with him being drafted by us that should make his brother happy.

S Winfield 2nd- Winfield is not an all world player but he doesn't have to be. He is sound in almost every aspect of the game. He's a student of the game thanks to his dad. A sure tackler just like pops was. Playing next to Smith should allow him to be less of a focal point. 

WR Johnson 3rd- Johnson has some of the best hands in this draft. He's big and strong. He has the second gear to run away from defenders after the catch. Would give Cousins another dependable pass catcher. A lot of people project him as a big slot guy but I think he could be good on the outside with his great hands and ability to win 50-50 balls.

TE Moss 4th- We probably won't be able to get out of Rudy's contract this year but we can dump Morgan. So that would open up a spot for Moss. Moss is a poor man's Irv Smith. He's not the biggest guy to create mismatches but he is a sure handed catcher and a willing blocker. Him and Smith Jr will make a formible 1-2 attack at the TE spot. 

S Reed 4th- With Kearse and Harris both most likely leaving safety now becomes a huge need. Even after drafting Winfield Jr we still need someone who play in the big nickel. That's where I see Reed. He can play man to man there. He's good in coverage in the short routes.

OT Bartch 6th- Small school kid. He is athletic enough to play LT because of his TE background. He has good feet and a good punch. Biggest thing is the level of competition he will have to adjust to. This isn't a pick that will help this year but if developed right he could be a good starter in a year or 2.

LB Coughlin 7th- Coughlin will have to earn his keep on ST. He does have good traits that can hopefully be developed by baby Zim. 

QB Luton 7th- Luton has the size to stand up to the NFL pass rushes. He needs time to develop under the right coach(Kubiak). He's got a strong enough arm to make all the throws you need in at the next level.

DT K. Davis 7th- With Linval as a potential cap causality we need another big body that can help get some pressure up the middle and stuff the run. Either one of the Davis twins fits that but Khalil is the better one of the two.

LB Martin 7th- Just like his LB Corp teammate he will need to make his living on ST. If developed right he can be the next Eric Wilson. 

That concludes this Minnesota themed draft, almost every pick has ties to Minnesota except for 2. While I did this more as a fun draft I would be pretty happy with it as well. 

• Like 3