The Next 4 Games Will Determine the Fate of Our Regime

roger murdock

I think many can empathize with your sentiments, me particularly with the current gameplan with Kizer. You also bring up a good point about Kessler.

Still though the problems you bring up illuminate the total lack of talent this team had last year. There's no way we could fix all of it coming into this season. The most pressing areas were addressed. DB, DL, OL, QB. Winning the battle of the trenches is the way to win. So that's where the most significant investments are. You've got patches at DB, WR, QB, RB that may work out may not. FA's typically don't want to come here so Collins and Zeitler were big gets. 

I want the Browns to win, and I think that they have enough to win now, but then again I am strongly biased and also know the NFL is an entertainment business. No one wants to see the Browns run n punt and try to play good D all day and then still lose. Kizer is the most exciting player on the offense and he will be the focal point accordingly even if it's not in the best interest of winning. If he turns it over and gets sacked that makes it more exciting for the fans of the other team. If he throws bombs makes it an exciting game. A win win for the NFL.

Crow can still rebound, but it would be nice to have another workhouse on the roster. Pryor has been dropping a lot of balls. 

Hopefully the risk taking with Kizer pays off, but if it backfires then a top shelf QB would be nice, or perhaps Saquon Barkley so that we can justify playing more conservatively. 

It is a bit concerning knowing Haslam but worst case scenario I think Hue still gets another season. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think its important to revist this thread as we are about to go 0-4 during the easy stretch, dropping the regimes record to 1-21 overall.

I think at this point its a near certainty we have an entirely new regime in town next year. The good news is we have more cap space, young talent, and flexibility than ever before. These two seasons have been an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I think its important to revist this thread as we are about to go 0-4 during the easy stretch, dropping the regimes record to 1-21 overall.

I think at this point its a near certainty we have an entirely new regime in town next year. The good news is we have more cap space, young talent, and flexibility than ever before. These two seasons have been an embarrassment.

Won’t happen

we suck because we’ve traded down do much

youve got to give them the opportunity to use the picks they acquired 

Just now, brownie man said:

Won’t happen

we suck because we’ve traded down do much

youve got to give them the opportunity to use the picks they acquired 

Why do they deserve it? Peppers wasn't worth trading down for, neither was Coleman. Wentz and Watkins were worth trading up for.

Why not let someone use the picks who can use them better?

28 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Why do they deserve it? Peppers wasn't worth trading down for, neither was Coleman. Wentz and Watkins were worth trading up for.

Why not let someone use the picks who can use them better?

Gotta see the picks vs those players

we don’t even have the Watson pick if it wasn’t for the trade down 

anyone they’re not going anywhere they just got here 

On 9/18/2017 at 8:28 PM, ditchdigger said:

18 games into a total roster teardown leaving us as the youngest team in the league and people think Haslam expects a winner by game 22?

Don't be so sure about that.  I think Jimmy is committed, because Dee told him he needs to be.

I am man enough to admit when I was wrong.

Hopefully, Dee is too.

Archived