The Next 4 Games Will Determine the Fate of Our Regime

roger murdock

7 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I don't think anyone is expecting much from Kizer. But I would like to see the offense run like its supposed to. I'd rather the plays go wrong AFTER then snap than before.

The delay of games, false starts, etc is losing us games.

I can agree with that, he needs to get that cleaned up.

That said, that is (to some degree) what you sign up for with a rookie qb, at least early in the season.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Crowell can't afford that. If he shows that kind of attitude. That will sour a lot of teams with the Browns being one of them. If he sours during a contract year, what will he did when he gets paid?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/09/isaiah_crowell_question_the_br.amp

if he's already questioning the play calling and thinking about getting paid. He's commitment is in question 

52 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Anyone who isn't questioning the play-calling has drunk the Hue-laid.

Hues play calling is subject to how well the team is playing. If we're behind all game we gotta throw the ball to get back into it. Would he like to be a heavy run team? sure but when your consistently behind and don't have a true bell cow. How can you run the ball. 

Just now, bosko1616 said:

Hues play calling is subject to how well the team is playing. If we're behind all game we gotta throw the ball to get back into it. Would he like to be a heavy run team? sure but when your consistently behind and don't have a true bell cow. How can you run the ball. 

You're wasting your time.

In some folks minds we should be pounding the rock to the tune of 2ypc while being down 2 scores in the 4th.

Playcalling is the reason the youngest team in the league isn't succeeding against established franchises who will be vying for playoff spots and possibly a title this year.  Duh.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You're wasting your time.

In some folks minds we should be pounding the rock to the tune of 2ypc while being down 2 scores in the 4th.

Playcalling is the reason the youngest team in the league isn't succeeding against established franchises who will be vying for playoff spots and possibly a title this year.  Duh.

Dude the stubbornness of some of these guys. Crow has been god awful. I'd be willing to trade him to the highest bidder and let Dayes and Duke share the carries. I mean they can't be any worse then crow has. Play calling is complete subject to the talent and how well we play. You can't chew clock if you consistently down. I think Hues going to put the hammer down this offseason and find a true bellcow. 

Hue Jackson got 24 TD and 7 INT out of andy dalton in 13 games to the tune of 8.4 YPA, and got 1805 rushing yards that season for his team, to the tune of 13th best in the league.  this was with a bad jeremy hill as the starter.  

Did Hue Jackson forget how to call plays?
or is it that his super young team is making mistakes/doesnt have enough talent yet on offense (which was pretty commonly accepted before the start of the season)?

im gonna go with 2

Crow wouldn't have said what he did unless other players and people are thinking it as well. 

The main thought...Why put the game in the rookie's hands when our D has performed so well? That goes against common football knowledge on how to win a game.

You have a better shot at going three and out the first three quarters, playing good defense, hoping they tire by the 4th and you can steal the game at the end. It's not like that's the gameplan for every game but your in the Ravens house it better be.

Kizer's first fumble put us in line for an early hole. Look at the plays that led to it... Crow 9 yd run, 2yd run for 1st, 20 yard pass. So Hue has them guessing. What does he run?! A wr screen to Britt with linemen flexed out. Way to keep the run n gun game going. Then another pass with (unsurprisingly) no wr able to get open in a max protect. Now we are in 3rd and 8, Sammie coates false start and instead of running a draw or hb screen in a low percentage situation Kizer is there holding onto the ball with no one open and get's stripped.

That drive wasn't killed by the players, it was killed by the playcalling and put us in a hole. 

Better yet he gets even more pass happy after that. Ironically he runs it on 1st and 20 after Britt PI. Kizer bails us out though but then we get near RZ and he gets pass happy again and another turnover. 

He remains pass happy and we end up down 14-0. Then Greg's pass blitz on 1st and 10 with clear running room for BAL going to the other side. Make it 21-7. Brandon Williams was out at some point in time as well. Game log is PASS PASS PASS SCRAMBLE PASS.

If your coach is going to give up because you 'only' gain 2 yards against one of the better run defenses than shame on him. There were also 10 yard runs by each guy. You gotta stick with it.

So if anyone wants to continue to blame the players go right ahead, but don't be surprised when this thing is reset again because not enough people complained enough to get Hue or Greg to think there might actually be something wrong with what they may be doing. You know they have egos, otherwise they wouldn't be trying this experimental stuff or even attempting to turn the Browns around. 

My hope is that enough people and players WILL complain and the coaches will just let them go out there and play mano e mano and either earn respect or be the clowns and be willing to go down with them.

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

also how can you trust to call run plays when the RB cant read the blocking and the #2 RB has to be used as a WR

35 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Crow wouldn't have said what he did unless other players and people are thinking it as well. 

The main thought...Why put the game in the rookie's hands when our D has performed so well? That goes against common football knowledge on how to win a game.

You have a better shot at going three and out the first three quarters, playing good defense, hoping they tire by the 4th and you can steal the game at the end. It's not like that's the gameplan for every game but your in the Ravens house it better be.

Kizer's first fumble put us in line for an early hole. Look at the plays that led to it... Crow 9 yd run, 2yd run for 1st, 20 yard pass. So Hue has them guessing. What does he run?! A wr screen to Britt with linemen flexed out. Way to keep the run n gun game going. Then another pass with (unsurprisingly) no wr able to get open in a max protect. Now we are in 3rd and 8, Sammie coates false start and instead of running a draw or hb screen in a low percentage situation Kizer is there holding onto the ball with no one open and get's stripped.

That drive wasn't killed by the players, it was killed by the playcalling and put us in a hole. 

Better yet he gets even more pass happy after that. Ironically he runs it on 1st and 20 after Britt PI. Kizer bails us out though but then we get near RZ and he gets pass happy again and another turnover. 

He remains pass happy and we end up down 14-0. Then Greg's pass blitz on 1st and 10 with clear running room for BAL going to the other side. Make it 21-7. Brandon Williams was out at some point in time as well. Game log is PASS PASS PASS SCRAMBLE PASS.

If your coach is going to give up because you 'only' gain 2 yards against one of the better run defenses than shame on him. There were also 10 yard runs by each guy. You gotta stick with it.

So if anyone wants to continue to blame the players go right ahead, but don't be surprised when this thing is reset again because not enough people complained enough to get Hue or Greg to think there might actually be something wrong with what they may be doing. You know they have egos, otherwise they wouldn't be trying this experimental stuff or even attempting to turn the Browns around. 

My hope is that enough people and players WILL complain and the coaches will just let them go out there and play mano e mano and either earn respect or be the clowns and be willing to go down with them.

ok, I didn't read the entire thing admittedly, because... wow novel.  But the very first statement, Crow would not have said what he said if others were not thinking it as well.  That sir is a big negatory.  Players have their own minds and sometimes say things that management and coaching does not agree with.  They do not speak for the rest of the team.  I don't think that Peterson is speaking for the Saints when he complains now.  I don't think Wilkerson was speaking for the Jets when he spoke pre trade.  I don't think Freddy Mitchel was speaking for the Eagles when he thanked his hands (still funny), and the list goes on and on and on.

Ok look if your ideal life is to live the life of negativity, you go ahead and be you. Lets be real Eeyore carved his nice little niche in them 100 acre woods no doubt. I'm sure he's doing alright for himself right now.  Those that are complaining about Hue and the coaching, do you realize that we as a 1-15 team that were completely gutted and overhauled took on 2 of our division's absolute best?  2 teams that have a legitimate shot at the super bowl? 

Yeah I know why bother?

d7858d3d520ad86b17925be52ceaaa6c.jpg

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

2 teams that have a legitimate shot at the super bowl?

I really don't think that is true with the Ravens. If the opposing QBs don't turn it over 5 times per game they are going to have a lot more trouble winning, which will come to light soon. They have Bortles this week but lets see how they do after that. I don't see Ben or Carr turning the ball over that much. A lot of the turnovers they have so far weren't really forced, they were still earned but they were gifts that were earned not great plays.

Archived