Bengals to cut LT Cordy Glenn

.Buzz

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

Is it the total lack of faith in Telesco to actually follow through on it or what?  Because if it were me, particularly now that Philip is no longer there, I would think Chargers fans would want - especially since they're in a prime position for just this (both draft position-wise and premium talent at the top of the positional class) to finally get the premier franchise LT they haven't had since they were fortunate (but also not since it ended up shortening his career) Marcus McNeil's spinal stenosis pushed him into Round 2.

Shane Olivea 2.0 written all over this guy. He’s gonna get big money from the ChargIRs

On 3/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Still can't believe we got a first round pick for him lol.

Good player, great when he wants to be, but clearly doesn't want to be the best and just wants to cruise. He'll get work, too talented not too and Richie Incognito got a job lol. But he'll probably burn out wherever he goes as well.

He played really well under Kromer in Buffalo. Part of me wonders if the Rams could convince him to play LG next to Whitworth. But that's a risky move consider our limited cap resources and his apparent penchant for quitting when asked to play guard.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:43 AM, jrry32 said:

He played really well under Kromer in Buffalo. Part of me wonders if the Rams could convince him to play LG next to Whitworth. But that's a risky move consider our limited cap resources and his apparent penchant for quitting when asked to play guard.

Part of me thinks his lack of effort is a distaste for playing guard, which is likely a direct correlation to the general lower pay grade that comes with playing there versus OT.  Could winning fix that?  Maybe, but I wouldn't want to bank on it.  The guy has by and large played for losing franchises - yes, the Bills won and went to the playoffs this past season, but that was this past season, he'd already quit on them and been traded by then.  Then the Bengals turned around, after acquiring him, and drafted Jonah Williams - moving him to LG - which, if Glenn's operating from a completely selfish perspective, shows him the writing on the wall that he may at the very least be asked to take a pay cut commensurate to his new position and would by burning his prime earning years playing a position that wouldn't be as likely to get him paid the top dollar he feels he's earned/owed when his current contract ran out.

Put it this way, if he's willing to play LG expect him to go to the Patriots - assuming Belichick and whoever replaces Scar sign off on him - because he's the sort of asset that could conceivably go toward enticing Brady back.  If Belichick doesn't sign off on him, likely a strong indication he doesn't expect Glenn to buy into "the Patriot Way," that's a pretty strong indictment, in my estimation.