Bengals to cut LT Cordy Glenn

.Buzz

Falcons should bring him in. From Atlanta area. Went to UGA. Could play LG between a Pro Bowl LT and future HOF C and help be a mentor to the rookies on the right side. Have a QB that's actually good and not Andy Dalton. I think the fit is there. Just need to see if the money works. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Falcons should bring him in. From Atlanta area. Went to UGA. Could play LG between a Pro Bowl LT and future HOF C and help be a mentor to the rookies on the right side. Have a QB that's actually good and not Andy Dalton. I think the fit is there. Just need to see if the money works. 

It could work, but things went south here when they drafted Jonah Williams last year, had Clint Boling be forced into retirement, and then planned to move him to LG.  He moaned about it all preseason, then Jonah got hurt, and he developed the self reported concussion that doctors could never substantiate.  He only returned after being suspended for lashing out at coaches who were clearly fed up with him milking it in a lost year.  Three separate neurologists cleared him, two outside the team.

If he goes there, maybe "coming home" gets him a fresh start.  But Buffalo fans warned us after the trade that he quit on them too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Still can't believe we got a first round pick for him lol.

Good player, great when he wants to be, but clearly doesn't want to be the best and just wants to cruise. He'll get work, too talented not too and Richie Incognito got a job lol. But he'll probably burn out wherever he goes as well.

We didn't necessarily get a 1st round pick for him. We used him as a piece packaged with our 1st round pick to just move up a few spots in the round.

3 hours ago, Classic said:

Love the Chargers to sign him. Maybe playing for his former Coach Anthony Lynn would help. Need a tackle too now that we traded Okung.

Questionable injury history checks out. ChargIRs signing imminent. 

CORDY GLENN is a nice fat young man, and a pleasant person.

He is also one of the most polarizing prospects/players I have ever seen.

Despite his erratic efforts, and apparent bail-outs on first the Bills, and now the Bengals (making use of his medical degree from having watched a lot of doctor shows on television, Glenn self-diagnosed a concussion and prescribed several weeks off at full pay as a cure), there are those who still regard him as a potential good left tackle- ever-hopeful fans thinking their team should kick the spare tires around Glenn's middle, because he could, ya know, still be a productive tackle, because he once was, ya know, a high draft pick and is, of course, big.

Sexy video from two years ago by a young man for some reason not the GM of the Buffalo Bills yet, explaining why and how the Bills should trade Cordy Glenn for the Giants' then-second-pick-overall (i.e. the one that became Sacquon Barkley). Dream on!

6 hours ago, Classic said:

Love the Chargers to sign him. Maybe playing for his former Coach Anthony Lynn would help. Need a tackle too now that we traded Okung.

Is it the total lack of faith in Telesco to actually follow through on it or what?  Because if it were me, particularly now that Philip is no longer there, I would think Chargers fans would want - especially since they're in a prime position for just this (both draft position-wise and premium talent at the top of the positional class) to finally get the premier franchise LT they haven't had since they were fortunate (but also not since it ended up shortening his career) Marcus McNeil's spinal stenosis pushed him into Round 2.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Is it the total lack of faith in Telesco to actually follow through on it or what?  Because if it were me, particularly now that Philip is no longer there, I would think Chargers fans would want - especially since they're in a prime position for just this (both draft position-wise and premium talent at the top of the positional class) to finally get the premier franchise LT they haven't had since they were fortunate (but also not since it ended up shortening his career) Marcus McNeil's spinal stenosis pushed him into Round 2.

Lack of faith mostly. I also think grabbing Bulaga in F.A might be too tempting for Telesco to pass. Our new OL Coach Campen was his old OL coach so there's that connection as well.