Baltimore trades TE Hayden Hurst to Atlanta

BareYourTeeth

20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

My thing is- 

Unless we use that 2nd rounder to help us move up in the first, how confident are you in that pick getting us a “legit impact starter?”

There have been so many years in the past where we just pencil in whoever our 2nd round pick was that year as a legit player and like 90% of the time it doesn’t work out.

Not concerned. Tyus Bowser now that he’s getting playing time has proven to be an impact starter IMO. What’s more the needs we have this season are more conducive to lower likelihood of a bust. ILB and IOL have some of the lowest bust rates through the first two rounds. The second round is a spot where we could see those kinds of players selected.

Whats more the bar isn’t extremely high that a player would have to surpass to improve upon what Hurst provided us during his first two seasons. They just have to play roughly 25-50% of snaps on average.

But yeah, an impact starter doesn’t have to be a 16 sack guy, but if we can draft say Tyler Biadasz (Wisconsin) with the pick we got for Hurst to really elevate our IOL room, I’d consider that an absolute steal. Or even if it’s a Tyus Bowser type of player, can we really say that Hurst impacted the team much more than Bowser to this point? I would say their impact has been quite even, especially when both have seen playing time.

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Or even if it’s a Tyus Bowser type of player, can we really say that Hurst impacted the team much more than Bowser to this point? I would say their impact has been quite even, especially when both have seen playing time.

They were similar. Very efficient with the impact they brought- on the snaps given to them. 

Bowser was directly responsible for 20+ pressures, and probably facilitated 10+ more on top of that through his coverage ability that took away a lot of options QBs were looking for. Also showed a ton of improvement against the run.

Hayden caught everything thrown his way, and was a decent blocker. Came up clutch in games like Seattle and Buffalo too.

• Like 1