The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If you need a RB this is the draft to do it. This has to be one of the most impressive class of RBs to come out of the draft in years. Doug Williams basically came out and said the redskins are going to pick a RB which completely contradicts everything else being reported. 

Guice, KJ, Michel, Penny and Chubb would all help this team immensely. Team one of them up with Perine and Thompson and that's a nice trio of RBs. 

Yeah. Odds are one or two are superstars, some are ok starters and some busts.

Hope we get lucky and get a superstar

47 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

D.J. Chark runs a 4.34                   .... oh my.                                                                                                                                                                                               

He’s definitely climbed up the boards. He’s pulled an OBJ. If people remember because of the crappy qb play that LSU always has, OBJ going into the combine and offseason workouts was expected to be a 2nd round pick but then jumped up because of how awesome he looked. Teams went back and reviewed the tape and then he moved up the boards and then he had a great Pro day as well to solidify his draft stock.

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. Odds are one or two are superstars, some are ok starters and some busts.

Hope we get lucky and get a superstar

That may have been true is past drafts with RBs but I believe this draft class is a lot stronger than the ones in recent memory. Obviously not all of them are going to be super stars and pro bowlers but I think a lot of them we’ve been talking about as 1st and 2nd round picks will be good starters - with Barkley being a super  star - but sure there’s always a bust somewhere along the line where we didn’t expect it.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That may have been true is past drafts with RBs but I believe this draft class is a lot stronger than the ones in recent memory. Obviously not all of them are going to be super stars and pro bowlers but I think a lot of them we’ve been talking about as 1st and 2nd round picks will be good starters - with Barkley being a super  star - but sure there’s always a bust somewhere along the line where we didn’t expect it.

I can only hope. Just don' want us to wait until the 4th round

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I can only hope. Just don' want us to wait until the 4th round

Yeah, same here. On draft day last year though I couldn’t fault the FO for taking Fabian Moreau over Kareem Hunt, but I do wish we had taken Alvin Kamara.

Remember Moreau was a 1st round talent that fell because he tore his pec benching. I think we got a real steal when we took Moreau, just like we did in 2015 with Fuller.

I think Moreau will prove his selection to be a good one this year. I think Moreau is going to be our starting corner opposite Norman this year.

Christian Kirk just ran a 4.46 like Deon Cain who ran a 4.4 on his second 40. Lazard ran a 4.62 Which is pretty good given his size at 6’4, 225. I expect him to run in the 4.5’s though on his second try.

Michael Gallup from Colorado St. ran a 4.51 and 4.52 which is good for a guy his size.

Antonio Callaway just ran a 4.41. He has off the field issues which will probably make him a mid or late round pick. He could be a big time steal for us if we take him in round 4 or 5 if he’s available.

4.38 by DJ Chark on his second run, so his first try wasn’t a fluke! Awesome, just awesome!

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s definitely climbed up the boards. He’s pulled an OBJ. If people remember because of the crappy qb play that LSU always has, OBJ going into the combine and offseason workouts was expected to be a 2nd round pick but then jumped up because of how awesome he looked. Teams went back and reviewed the tape and then he moved up the boards and then he had a great Pro day as well to solidify his draft stock.

I'm an LSU fan, so not patting self on back because of the insight gleaned... buuuuuut I was first or one of the first people back then to put OBJ3 in my top 10 while the people laughed. Same for Chark, except with Chark, I was thinking late 1st rd talent that would likely be selected in rd 2. 

:P

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'm an LSU fan, so not patting self on back because of the insight gleaned... buuuuuut I was first or one of the first people back then to put OBJ3 in my top 10 while the people laughed. Same for Chark, except with Chark, I was thinking late 1st rd talent that would likely be selected in rd 2. 

Sucks you guys have to start the year 0-1 next year 

28 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

We have another LSU fan who hasn’t been as active lately Parrothead who told us the same thing with OBJ and Landry. Personally I didn’t believe him and he and OBJ/Landry certainly proved me wrong.

We’ll have to see what happen with Chark. He could climb up and be one of the top WR taken, like around where Ridley gets taken or even be the top WR taken overall like OBJ was or he may end up being late 1st or early 2nd. 

We’ll just have to see.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Christian Kirk just ran a 4.46 like Deon Cain who ran a 4.4 on his second 40. Lazard ran a 4.62 Which is pretty good given his size at 6’4, 225. I expect him to run in the 4.5’s though on his second try.

Michael Gallup from Colorado St. ran a 4.51 and 4.52 which is good for a guy his size.

Antonio Callaway just ran a 4.41. He has off the field issues which will probably make him a mid or late round pick. He could be a big time steal for us if we take him in round 4 or 5 if he’s available.

4.38 by DJ Chark on his second run, so his first try wasn’t a fluke! Awesome, just awesome!

Kirk is my favorite receiver in the draft. I think he ends up being a star. 

4 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Sucks you guys have to start the year 0-1 next year 

Well, one thing I wouldn't do is whine about it if it doesn't go my way... so I have that, at least. :P

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I was sleeping on him some. I had him pegged as a 2nd rounder we could wait on if we went wr in round 2. Not only did he have the good 40 times, but he had the best toe drag of the day also on catching the out routes.

He’s shown well like some others that had some questions if they could be round 1 guys the past two days like Guice, Chubb and Chark.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I was sleeping on him some. I had him pegged as a 2nd rounder we could wait on if we went wr in round 2. Not only did he have the good 40 times, but he had the best toe drag of the day also on catching the out routes.

He’s shown well like some others that had some questions if they could be round 1 guys the past two days like Guice, Chubb and Chark.

If we signed Poe and re-signed Breeland and Brown I'd be all for Kirk at 13 and a RB in the second. This team needs explosive players on offense badly. Thompson and Crowder are basically it unless Reed decides to be healthy. 

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I could see Gruden having a similar opinion 

Still hoping one of these three: Vea, Edmunds or James.

Archived