2020 Mock Draft

Packer Dave

Hello all,

Don't post much but usually do a mock draft that I thought I would share, I'm going off the Big Board from Drafttek to clarify.

Round 1 Pick 30

Traded to Indianapolis with pick 136, 4th round, for picks 44, 2nd round and 75, 3rd round. Trade value Green Bay gives up 658 points and Indianapolis gives up 675 points.

Indianapolis trades into the first round after giving up pick 13 for Deforrest Buckner, to Grab a quarterback and get a 5th year option on him.

Round 2 Pick 44

Denzel Mims WR Baylor 6'2 206lbs 40 time 4.38

Mims had 66 catches for 1,020 yards with 12 touchdowns in 2019. He was decent at the Senior Bowl and helped himself with a fast 40 at the combine.

Round 2 Pick 62

Malik Harrison ILB Oregon 6'3 243lbs 40 time 4.66

In 2019, Harrison had 75 tackles with 4.5 sacks and four passes broken up. He was a solid defender for Ohio State and had a good week at the Senior Bowl.

Round 3 Pick 75

Matt Peart OT Connecticut 6'6 310lbs 40 time 5.06

Peart continued his starting streak at right tackle for Connecticut. He then had a good week at the Senior Bowl, displaying that he has a skill set to become a starter in the NFL. Peart might start out as a backup, but he has the upside to be a good edge blocker. He has good athleticism, quickness, feet and size. At the combine, Peart ran a fast 40-yard dash. Some team sources feel that Peart could be a steal in the third round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Round 3 Pick 94

Jeremy Chinn S Southern Illinois 6'3 219lbs 40 time 4.45

Chinn totaled 71 tackles, four interceptions and three passes broken up in 2019. He had a solid week at the Senior Bowl and interviewed well with teams. Chinn then had a superb combine to help his draft stock. Teams feel Chinn is rising as he they feel he could be a hybrid linebacker and safety who is used in a variety of ways.

Round 4 Pick 136

Traded to Indianapolis

Round 5 Pick 175

Benito Jones NT Ole Miss 6'1 321lbs 40 time 5.26

For the NFL, Jones could be a heavy nose tackle who contributes somewhat in the pass rush. Jones got his 2019 season off to an impressive start with a strong performance against Memphis, including an interception. On the year, he totaled 30 tackles with 5.5 sacks and four passes batted.

Jones then was decent at the Senior Bowl. He has some athleticism and quickness, but also has limitations from his height and lack of length.

Round 6 Pick 192

Darrynton Evans RB Appalachian State 5'10 203lbs 40 time 4.41

In 2019, Evans averaged 5.8 yards per carry 1,480 yards with 18 touchdowns. He had 21 receptions for 198 yards and five scores as well. Evans averaged 6.6 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,1876 yards and seven scores. He had 12 catches for 87 yards and a score. Evans is undersized for the NFL, but he could be a backup and rotational back. After his last two seasons at Appalachian State, it made sense for Evans to enter the 2020 NFL Draft. He had a good combine performance with a fast 40 to help his draft stock.

Round 6 Pick 208

Frederick Mauigoa Center Washington State 6'3 310lbs 40 time 5.17

Mauigoa has been the starting center for Washington State over the past two seasons and a solid blocker. For the NFL, it would help for Mauigoa to get stronger and show an ability to fire off the ball. Given the Washington State spread offense, he may not be able to show that until an all-star game after the season.

Round 6 Pick 209

Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky 6'1 207lbs 40 time

I didn't do a 7th round as that's pretty much a crap shoot anyways, so fire away.

Edited by Packer Dave
  • Like 2

If you drop down from your #1 pick you'd better end up with more chart points than the team that got your #1 pick.  Giving up the Packers #1 and a 4th for a middling 2nd and 3rd isn't good value in my opinion.   Dropping down that far is quite a drop too.   There has to be a premium for GB to drop down and the other team to move up.  Like the positions you drafted but don't know much about the players.  

Sometimes the draft trade charts are a bit skewed, I also think we get more.  I wouldn't want to drop from 30 to 44 for that return.

I like the make up otherwise, although while we only have so many picks I know I feel we need to address D-Line a bit more.  Maybe we yet pick up a veteran FA.  And sign Veldheer for the OT position in addition.  Then I sleep better in the balsams. 

I love that trade down if you threw two 6ths instead of pick 136. Obviously, I'd go Reagor at 42 if he's there. I'm with Mel Kiper Jr. on Mims in that he'll go to Minnesota. I don't think Matt Peart's the type of player that fits our system. I'm looking at TDN's rankings and Saadiq Charles may make sense there if you go OT at 75 in that scenario. Personally, I'd roll with Davon Hamilton or Adam Trautman at TE if one of them is still available at that point. I don't think Evans will be there in the 6th, but really like the player when I researched him. Hate Benito Jones and you can probably get him in UDFA. Stubby arms, questionable motor. Love the rest though. Good job!

Mims is mid round 1 to very early 2nd

Chin will go by pick 50-55 he’s the fastest rising safety

Bowden will be a late 3rd to mid 4th selection

I like the selections, just not the range taken in. I’m becoming more of a fans of Mims by the day, as I do two things happen. He creeps up draftboards and doesn’t fit the need for the Packers, not that signing Fuchs will keep them from drafting him. I believe we trade back and pick DL / LB / RB with the early second we pick up.

Edited by GWH87
Signging