Bobby Mitchell

cattleman78

1 hour ago, cattleman78 said:

Died at age 84. I remember watching him play. I was against trading him to Washington but we had Jim Brown. Bobby was a member of the pro football hall of fame. He was a star for both Cleveland and Washington. R.I.P. Bobby.

Great video clip here.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108395/article/hall-of-famer-bobby-mitchell-dies-at-84

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this Post last week......

Pop's DaWg_Lb. was friendly with him back in the day. They played Football against each other at Rival HS's.

He said even from their ages as kids you could tell something special about this guy, not only on the field, but off the field.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:33 AM, cattleman78 said:

Died at age 84. I remember watching him play. I was against trading him to Washington but we had Jim Brown. Bobby was a member of the pro football hall of fame. He was a star for both Cleveland and Washington. R.I.P. Bobby.

They traded him to draft Earnie Davis who had broken most of Jimmy Brown's records at Syracuse.  You know how that turnrd out.

But then came along Leroy Kellly, the best runner ever in rain, mud and snow.

• Like 1