• IDT3 - Starter; 3-Tech
    • SLB - Starter; Strongside
    • ILB - Starter
    • WLB - Starter; Weakside
    • CB1 - Starter; best boundry CB
    • FS - Starter; Traditional FS role
    • SS - Starter, Traditional SS role

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I went with CB.  The league is set up to handcuff them in nearly every fashion, finding one that can still cover his man is worth it's weight in good.

remember when Atlanta traded a small ransom to get Julius Jones??? his impact was worth every pick for them. When was the last time someone paid a ransom for a CB and it turned out to be a bargain? 

Besides even if a "stud" CB does exist (I say it doesn't) at best he shuts down a single player. A great WR can be moved all over the field creating matchup problems for the defense and open up himself or his teammates. 

Even back in the days the rules weren't made so pass happy, The GOAT Deion Sanders in his prime was not as valuable to Dallas as Michael Irvin. And MI wasn't ever regarded as a GOAT candidate. Now a days it's even harder for a CB to be a GOAT. 

Hence my vote for WEAPONS!!!

sorry Wiz just had to get this off my chest.. Carry on Gents..

Edited by resilient part 2

Here it gets really tough... a a good argument could be made for MLB (captain of the defense), WR, DT, and even RB.  We are at the point where great players at any of those 4 positions are game changers.  Think about it... whose more important Luke Kuechly, Aaron Donald, Julio Jones, or Derrick Henry (just as examples).  I would lean toward Julio Jones but then think about what Derrick Henry did in the playoffs.  If the point is where do we want to invest money or draft capital for the best possible return... it’s probably WR but not by much.

For those voting CB1, how did Gilmore fare against Henry in the playoffs?  The point is offenses can avoid CB#1s.  It’s not so easy to take out great RBs and WRs.  And if you do take about one of the offensive positions, it opens up the field for something else.  I’d have CB around 6-7 on my list.

Edited by The_Slamman