Steelers 2020 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

bigben07MVP

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Meh, I've moved on from that.  Maybe Hudson can help some.  But I think VW/UG3/Edmunds/Fitz is the plan.  Don't like it but no one's really left.  

That scares the crap out of me.  That is a BIG expectation of a sophomore who only played 1/2 a year.

I guess we also need to consider after draft vet FA (Barron, etc) who can come in and add to the room.

• Like 1

Just now, kurgan said:

That scares the crap out of me.  That is a BIG expectation of a sophomore who only played 1/2 a year.

I guess we also need to consider after draft vet FA (Barron, etc) who can come in and add to the room.

I don't disagree but what's the alternative? A 6th Rd Rookie.  Believe me.  I don't like it either.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurgan said:

But who is going to do any better in this draft? I don't think there are any capable ILB/S hybrids that will be any better than UG3 or even Dangerfield/Allen.

No one drafted at this point is gonna help the Steelers immediately save for a Punter...look at 2021 holes on current roster.

I wouldn’t mind a project slot CB or OT.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 1

I know, I get it.

No one... no one left solves the issue.  Robinson and Hudson might help, but don't solve the issue.

NT/Punter is the smart way to go.  I just think I never thought that we would not address Safety at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

This is why I’m not a fan of using 3 straight years of mid round picks on RBs...I’d almost rather bit the bullet and take one in 1st(or in this years case 2nd)...I hope I’m wrong.

I'll keep banging the Snell drum. I think he's the future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kurgan said:

I just think I never thought that we would not address Safety at all.

I think they view Hilton as safety #3, which is why it’s not been a huge priority. 

I started looking at him that way last year, and in honesty, completely changed my opinion of him. I really want him to resign with us since I started. 

• Like 2