ny92mike

S Xavier McKinney selected by Giants 2.36

I will say this, this pick does make up a bit for passing on Simmons.Can do some of the things Simmons would’ve been able to do. 

"Saban loved him" means a ton. 

He was tasked with actually covering 2 guys on multiple occasions and succeeded. He's good. 

I like McKinney.  He has a "hair on fire" style of play that remind me a bit of Will Hill, who I loved in his short time with the Giants.  He seems versatile, and he fills a need.

However, I we passed on two big targets for Daniel Jones by leaving Michael Pittman and Chase Claypool on the board.  We're definitely going to need of a WR in next year's draft, when we should have picked one in this very deep WR draft.   

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

I like McKinney.  He has a "hair on fire" style of play that remind me a bit of Will Hill, who I loved in his short time with the Giants.  He seems versatile, and he fills a need.

However, I we passed on two big targets for Daniel Jones by leaving Michael Pittman and Chase Claypool on the board.  We're definitely going to need of a WR in next year's draft, when we should have picked one in this very deep WR draft.   

Pittman was taken before our pick.  I'm a Notre Dame fan and love Claypool, but I think he's an Engram clone.