Rate THAT Restaurant!

ET80

Just now, fretgod99 said:

Indeed. So I'm not sure why you're hitting up middling fast food to get your fix. Like I said, better options. I am a fan of potato oles though, man. Can't lie.

Potato Ole does NOT EXIST! YOU HEAR ME!!? THERE IS ONLY ONE!

LUUUUUUPEEEEE!!!

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's chain (we have one here in Cincy), but it's good.

I'd have to think you could find some incredible authentic Mexican in Austin. 

Also, Austin has a ton of food trucks too which are supposed to be great.

Yeah, I was reading that it was a chain, but people I know that live down there still rave about it (I guess the original one was founded in Austin).  

I'll be down there for my bachelor party for 4 days, so I've got some places to find. 

12 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Yeah, I was reading that it was a chain, but people I know that live down there still rave about it (I guess the original one was founded in Austin).  

I'll be down there for my bachelor party for 4 days, so I've got some places to find. 

It's definitely good.

Have fun man, Austin is a cool town from what little I've seen.

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

I love Austin - been there too many times to count. If I were to ever leave Houston, Austin would be my choice.

My suggestions:

• Black's BBQ is not as packed as Franklin's, but just as good. The BBQ rib is 2 lbs of fall-off-the-bone meat greatness. I strongly suggest this over Franklins, given the aim of your trip.
  • Trudy's is a good stop for breakfast. Traditional Mexican fare for breakfast (migas, chilaquiles, breakfast tacos) along with your typical breakfast options. Fully stocked bar too; They used to have a margarita that was so strong, they'd only serve a max of two to a single person. (This was 10 years ago, so not sure if this is still the case).
  • Dan's Hamburgers has some of the better burgers I've ever had. Little hole in the wall, doesn't serve alcohol, but the burgers are pretty damn good.
  • If you want a good steak night, hit up Bob's Steak and Chop house. Aged steaks, fresh lobster tails, rack of lamb - typical steakhouse food that won't break the bank when compared to other big named steakhouses in Texas (our bill was about $900 for a party of seven, and that was with two bottles of wine and plenty of scotch and vodka). They have a nice rooftop bar as well, so you can get some nice cigars and just take in the view.

As far as other things:

• 6th street is the "college" area of Austin in terms of partying. 4th street is a bit more laid back, but has a few great bars to hit up. Coyote Ugly is my personal favorite.
  • Hot Bodies over Yellow Rose. Trust me on this. (Been about 10 years, so check before taking this as fact).
  • If you have time, hit up Lake Travis; Rent a boat and hit the lake with a few cases of beer and a deck of cards. Designate a captain/driver, because authorities do NOT play around.
  • Uber and Lyft are NOT in Austin. You'll have to download Fasten for ride sharing service. 

Recently went to Cooper's Hawk(Milwaukee location) and was extremely impressed. They specialize in wine however I'm not a vino drinker but my girl is. I had there specialty Amber and it was very good. Their food was also great. There's soy ginger salmon was some of the best if not the best chain salmon I've ever had in my life to combine that with Wasabi mashed potatoes and a creamy Asian slaw it was a hell of a meal. I would definitely recommend it to anybody I know they have a few chains around the nation. 

I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks. Anybody have any recommendations? A couple places I really enjoy are Giada's restaurant in the Cromwell Hotel and Casa Di Amore on Tropicana. However I go to those two almost every time im out there and need to change it up. 

14 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I love Austin - been there too many times to count. If I were to ever leave Houston, Austin would be my choice.

My suggestions:

• Black's BBQ is not as packed as Franklin's, but just as good. The BBQ rib is 2 lbs of fall-off-the-bone meat greatness. I strongly suggest this over Franklins, given the aim of your trip.
  • Trudy's is a good stop for breakfast. Traditional Mexican fare for breakfast (migas, chilaquiles, breakfast tacos) along with your typical breakfast options. Fully stocked bar too; They used to have a margarita that was so strong, they'd only serve a max of two to a single person. (This was 10 years ago, so not sure if this is still the case).
  • Dan's Hamburgers has some of the better burgers I've ever had. Little hole in the wall, doesn't serve alcohol, but the burgers are pretty damn good.
  • If you want a good steak night, hit up Bob's Steak and Chop house. Aged steaks, fresh lobster tails, rack of lamb - typical steakhouse food that won't break the bank when compared to other big named steakhouses in Texas (our bill was about $900 for a party of seven, and that was with two bottles of wine and plenty of scotch and vodka). They have a nice rooftop bar as well, so you can get some nice cigars and just take in the view.

As far as other things:

• 6th street is the "college" area of Austin in terms of partying. 4th street is a bit more laid back, but has a few great bars to hit up. Coyote Ugly is my personal favorite.
  • Hot Bodies over Yellow Rose. Trust me on this. (Been about 10 years, so check before taking this as fact).
  • If you have time, hit up Lake Travis; Rent a boat and hit the lake with a few cases of beer and a deck of cards. Designate a captain/driver, because authorities do NOT play around.
  • Uber and Lyft are NOT in Austin. You'll have to download Fasten for ride sharing service. 

Awesome, appreciate the tips, brother.

We're doing a pontoon boat on Lake Austin with a captain, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.  We're also going to do TopGolf on one of the days.  Really looking forward to the trip, it's gonna be hot as hell, but should be fun.

Also, I thought I heard that Uber and Lyft are back in...?  I've heard both though, so I'm really uncertain about that.

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Awesome, appreciate the tips, brother.

We're doing a pontoon boat on Lake Austin with a captain, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.  We're also going to do TopGolf on one of the days.  Really looking forward to the trip, it's gonna be hot as hell, but should be fun.

Also, I thought I heard that Uber and Lyft are back in...?  I've heard both though, so I'm really uncertain about that.

Nice! Lake Austin was my next choice, not as busy. Pontoon boats are awesome as well, just let the Capt take you to the fun parts to swim. Top Golf is great, no matter what city you're in.

My last trip to Austin was in April, and it was all Fasten for us - this being said, something may have changed because Lyft has made a significant push into Houston. Gotta think that is statewide, I'd say. 

Also - congratulations, brother! She's gotta be a special woman to lock YOU down, of all people. :D

16 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Nice! Lake Austin was my next choice, not as busy. Pontoon boats are awesome as well, just let the Capt take you to the fun parts to swim. Top Golf is great, no matter what city you're in.

My last trip to Austin was in April, and it was all Fasten for us - this being said, something may have changed because Lyft has made a significant push into Houston. Gotta think that is statewide, I'd say. 

Also - congratulations, brother! She's gotta be a special woman to lock YOU down, of all people. :D

Yeah, I guess I'll have to figure that part out, don't want to be stranded at the airport the whole time. :D

Thanks, man.  Yeah, she's awesome and puts up with all my BS, because I can make a mean steak.

Archived