Dexter Manley

TOUCAN

Well I'll be d__. This is stunning news.  Hate to here this. Dexter has encountered a lot of difficulties in life and survived all of them. Hopefully he will overcome this illness. We keep him in my prayers. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He's looking and sounding pretty good for someone who was on his deathbed three weeks ago. 

If I didn't know why it looked like he dropped 50 pounds, I’d say he looks great, but I'm glad he made it through when so many didn't and so many are still dying of this awful disease. I think I said this before, but when I told my mom he had it, her response was, ”I can't believe he's still alive given all the drugs he did in the 80s & 90s.” Which, I hadn't thought about but if there's one thing about my mom, she keeps it real.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If I didn't know why it looked like he dropped 50 pounds, I’d say he looks great, but I'm glad he made it through when so many didn't and so many are still dying of this awful disease. I think I said this before, but when I told my mom he had it, her response was, ”I can't believe he's still alive given all the drugs he did in the 80s & 90s.” Which, I hadn't thought about but if there's one thing about my mom, she keeps it real.

Consider Mick Jagger, and all of those drugs are probably the reason Manley is still alive right now.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Consider Mick Jagger, and all of those drugs are probably the reason Manley is still alive right now.  

Huh, Long list -Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendricks, Prince, Amy Winehouse , ad nauseam .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Huh, Long list -Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendricks, Prince, Amy Winehouse , ad nauseam .

And for everyone on that list, there are others like Jagger who are still alive despite all of the drugs they've taken in their lives and it defies explanation.  Manley could be one of them.  

Keith Richards is another one.  Dustin Rhodes (aka Goldust) was taking over 40 pills in a day at the height of his addiction and doing other drugs and alcohol with them, and he's still had a long and productive wrestling career and still wrestling part-time.