Where Do You Rank George Mikan All-Time?

the lone star

4 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Rank George Mikan All-Time?

• Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Top 20
    • Top 25
    • Top 30
    • Top 40
    • Top 50
    • Top 60
    • Top 70
    • Top 80
    • Top 90
    • Top 100

I realize now I should have included him in my other thread, but too late now. However, no reason for me to not create another thread. And besides, I'm pretty good at creating threads. ;-) :-P

So where do you have Mikan All-Time?

He's a tough case. His in-era dominance puts him way up there. However, era and immediately falling off post lane rule changes are serious questions about his legacy. Depending on your criteria I could see him going anywhere between top 10 and not ranked. By my current criteria, he's probably not in my top 50.

He was the best offensive and defensive player in the league for basically his entire career and won titles most years. He had a level of dominance relative to his peers thats probably never been topped. He did have a very short career due to injuries and due to the league not being very profitable so he quit to spend time with family and do other jobs.

In terms of legacy he has to be top 10ish. So many rule changes purely because of him and the league might have folded without its star.

In terms of how good he was? Could he play in todays NBA? I doubt it. But I think guys like Bill Russell and Jerry West would struggle mightly too yet I don't hold it against their legacy.

• Like 1