Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Miles Wood is a crazy burner but he has no friggin' puck skills. Blake Coleman is a great grinder but that's all he offers. We still need a lot of talent, man. Super happy with this season but we've still got a long way to go.

That's my major issue with Wood and why he's been so frustrating for me this year. Wood needs major stick work and puck skills. He's also wildly undisciplined. I like Coleman. He's aggressive on the penalty kill...I'm hopeful he could be a new sort of John Madden? Definitely has his uses. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, that goal probably seals the game and the series. Nothing much kinkaid could do there. And once again, Johnson / Palat just destroying this devils team. 

Kinkaid's been pretty damn good despite the 7 goals allowed. We're putting him in awful positions and they are making some crazy good plays. That's what you do when you're as talented as they are.

Bloooooooooooooooooooooowout. 

So, we definitely need some defensive help. I'd like to add an offensive piece, but I could understand hoping that some of the younger guys simply put it together a little bit better. I hope we put some of that money to use. 

TB has 4 goals on 10 shots LOL. That's really says more about the defense though - Kinkaid has had absolutely no shot on most of these. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Bloooooooooooooooooooooowout. 

So, we definitely need some defensive help. I'd like to add an offensive piece, but I could understand hoping that some of the younger guys simply put it together a little bit better. I hope we put some of that money to use. 

TB has 4 goals on 10 shots LOL. That's really says more about the defense though - Kinkaid has had absolutely no shot on most of these. 

In regards to the offense, we've got young guys still on the come up so I'm not worried there (though I wouldn't blame them if they splurged on Tavares lmao). We REALLY need to address the blue line though. Very little talent there.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

In regards to the offense, we've got young guys still on the come up so I'm not worried there (though I wouldn't blame them if they splurged on Tavares lmao). We REALLY need to address the blue line though. Very little talent there.

Agreed. I'd re-sign Maroon if possible. He and Boyle are the only two big bodied guys we have and he's a little more skilled than Boyle. I have no interest in Grabner coming back at this point. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve a contract. Zajac probably isn't worth his contract at this point, but I suppose that he does some little things nicely, and given that he has several years left on  the deal, we should probably just stick with it. 

Don't care much for Noesen and Gibbons. Gibbons had that nice start, but that was not something to expect. He's just not great. Noesen isn't an offensive presence at all, and he treats the puck like a hot potato. I don't know that I've seen a guy dump a puck in so often. Between Zajac and Coleman, that's half of our PK...Gibbons plays on the PK, while Noesen doesn't, but Noesen is probably the better player. I don't know...I just woudl prefer more depth there. 

But the blue line is atrocious. Just a smart, big stay at home defenseman is all I need lol. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed. I'd re-sign Maroon if possible. He and Boyle are the only two big bodied guys we have and he's a little more skilled than Boyle. I have no interest in Grabner coming back at this point. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve a contract. Zajac probably isn't worth his contract at this point, but I suppose that he does some little things nicely, and given that he has several years left on  the deal, we should probably just stick with it. 

Don't care much for Noesen and Gibbons. Gibbons had that nice start, but that was not something to expect. He's just not great. Noesen isn't an offensive presence at all, and he treats the puck like a hot potato. I don't know that I've seen a guy dump a puck in so often. Between Zajac and Coleman, that's half of our PK...Gibbons plays on the PK, while Noesen doesn't, but Noesen is probably the better player. I don't know...I just woudl prefer more depth there. 

But the blue line is atrocious. Just a smart, big stay at home defenseman is all I need lol. 

I think the forward group looks crazy different next year. Figure we get MarJo back if he's not completely fried upstairs while also getting Mikey McLeod and John Quenneville. Bratt will have a year under his belt so he shouldn't fade as hard as he did this year. Don't think we'll get Joey Anderson quite yet. Nathan Bastian can fill Gibbons role on the PK, I think. He's big and a really good forechecking forward but he may need another year down in the AHL. Plus, we've got plenty of cap space to bring in other forwards.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
MarJo-Zajac-Bratt
Maroon/Zacha-McLeod/Zacha-McLeod/Quenneville
Wood-Boyle-Coleman/Bastian

Not amazing by any means but there's at least talent there.

Edited by bkobow05
  • Like 1