Cardinals Sign OT Kelvin Beachum (1 Year)

HoboRocket

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29482510/cardinals-sign-lineman-kelvin-beachum-one-year-deal%3fplatform=amp

Beachum joins a roster that has struggled with health at the tackle position. LT DJ Humphries and RT Marcus Gilbert are both talented, but both have serious trouble staying on the field. Justin Murray, a UDFA last year, started most of the season at right tackle but had injury issues himself as well as consistency issues. The Cardinals also drafted Josh Jones out of Houston early in the draft this year. 

Beachum is yet another injury-prone tackle to add to their roster, but he DID have a 94.2% pass block win rate, good for third highest in the NFL, last year. However, as always, he missed several games due to injury. Still, the difference in Darnold's play with Beachum off and on the field was night and day. Hopefully he can be steady across from Josh Jones for a few games when Gilbert and Humphries are both injured.

Hey, I found my fellow Cardinals fans!

But seriously, Beachum is solid. Perhaps he can play some guard, too. Pugh is alright, but center and right guard are both question marks. With 5 tackles that all have SOME viability as starters, it would make sense if at least one of them were to kick inside. I've heard that Gilbert is open to a position switch, as well.

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

best pass blocker in the lg

we'll sub him in on pass plays, dj on run plays, jones on PA

nobody will know what's coming

I know this is satire, but technically DJ WAS the best run-blocking left tackle in the NFL last year.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:16 PM, Blazer026 said:

I read this as Kelvin Benjamin and thought the OP was making a solid fat joke by calling him a OL. 

What is wrong with me? 

I mean, if I did that, I'd list him as an OG, not an OT. Not mobile enough to be a tackle.