25 members have voted

1. 1. 1960s vs 2010s

• Planet of the Apes (2)
    • Inception (7)
  2. 2. 2000s vs 1970s

• Children of Men (8)
    • Star Wars: A New Hope (1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2020 at 08:00 PM

I'm surprised how many people on here aren't big Inception fans. Not that it's the greatest movie ever or that I expect everyone to love it, but IIRC it was incredibly well regarded by the general public when it came out and it's not like it has aged poorly.

Not saying it should win or anything because I don't, but I'm surprised that it's not the overwhelming favorite just based on how I remember everyone and their mothers loving it.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm surprised how many people on here aren't big Inception fans. Not that it's the greatest movie ever or that I expect everyone to love it, but IIRC it was incredibly well regarded by the general public when it came out and it's not like it has aged poorly.

Not saying it should win or anything because I don't, but I'm surprised that it's not the overwhelming favorite just based on how I remember everyone and their mothers loving it.

I mean, any movie that even makes the bracket should be well loved.  But anything going against Star Wars is never going to be the favorite.

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, any movie that even makes the bracket should be well loved.  But anything going against Star Wars is never going to be the favorite.

Oh, I completely agree. Just saying based on the comments from the nomination, voting and now bracket threads it seems like more people are lukewarm on it than I expected.

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Oh, I completely agree. Just saying based on the comments from the nomination, voting and now bracket threads it seems like more people are lukewarm on it than I expected.

I'm actually pretty lukewarm on it in comparison to a lot of other movies in the bracket, and Nolan's filmography in general, but that's just me.  It's a fun movie, great visuals, pretty original concept.  But it's gonna be way down the list in comparison to Star Wars, Blade Runner, 2001, The Matrix, or even Children of Men.  Hell, Planet of the Apes is a much more influential genre example than it, I just voted against POA because its nomination over 2001 is a travesty.