25 members have voted

1. 1. 1960s vs 2010s

• Planet of the Apes (2)
    • Inception (7)
  2. 2. 2000s vs 1970s

• Children of Men (8)
    • Star Wars: A New Hope (1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2020 at 08:00 PM

42 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Empire had way more competition. Like a lot. 

No question, I am just saying Empire is a better film arguably than A New Hope.  But yes Empire Strikes Back had to go up against Blade Runner, Aliens, Terminator, Back to the Future and Return of the Jedi.  Hell Alien should have got in over A New Hope honestly, not A New Hope win the #1 overall seed.  And Blade Runner not being in this end bracket tournament sucks, that movie is freaking outstanding.

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Blade Runner can be a bit divisive. While I do love the flick, I can understand the complaint levied against it. 

Divisive?  How?  That film is beautiful with all that neon and creativity in the set.  It is freaking outstanding, sure some might be a little bored with it because it is slow at times, but visually it is so amazing it can easily hold my attention.  It is so creative and it is a badass story and a classic Neo Noir Sci Fi crime drama.  To me it is the best Neo Noir film ever made really.  The fact Ridley Scott directed Blade Runner and Alien so close to each other is insane, I love the look and vibe of both of those films.  

Just these two shots, only a few seconds in the film but damn they are impressive and really nothing has ever been done like it, they are amazing I think.

027_blade_runner_theredlist.0.jpg

NewWorldsWeekly_scifi_bladerunner_akira_

And Rachael's look in the film is bad to the bone, all the smoke and fur coats.  Not to mention how they play with that shine in her eye, amazingly done.

maxresdefault.jpg

again not me, but some believe it was mishandled in the cut and is too convoluted and up its own arse. You can't deny that it is divisive, that isnt something you contest because its saying the people that have the the opinion I just mentioned dont exist lol. You can disagree, sure. Like I said, I love the film personally. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Children of Men had zero chance in this one.  Surprised Inception is winning, not a giant fan of Plant of the Apes but Inception was quite overrated I thought and ultimately not that great of a film when it is all said and done.  

The Matrix if it can get by Empire Strikes back could walk into the finals potentially.  Really Empire Strikes back should be the #1 seed no A New Hope.  At least the new crap Star Wars movies never made it in, they were all pretty lacking in creativity and originality.  

seeds dont really matter

you gotta beat whos in front of you regardless

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Guy taking part in months long event since the beginning:

Guy putting this together and working on it for months:

Tsitsipas Brother Crying GIF by Australian Open - Find & Share on ...

It's not your fault Deadpulse.  We are the ones picking the movies, so if we don't like them, we pretty much have no one to blame but ourselves.  Hahaha.  Thanks for taking the time to put this whole thing together.

😐

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Children of Men had zero chance in this one.  Surprised Inception is winning, not a giant fan of Plant of the Apes but Inception was quite overrated I thought and ultimately not that great of a film when it is all said and done.  

The Matrix if it can get by Empire Strikes back could walk into the finals potentially.  Really Empire Strikes back should be the #1 seed no A New Hope.  At least the new crap Star Wars movies never made it in, they were all pretty lacking in creativity and originality.  

I'm really hoping that happens.  The Matrix is deserving of it.  ESB was a fun movie, but the Matrix had a storyline that absolutely blew me away, and it also had special effects that nobody had seen before.  It was just a better movie all around than ESB.  

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I love a good slow burn, but Blade Runner just bored me.  Took me like 3 tries to get through it without falling asleep.

Everyone is different, I love detective crime drama films, much less in the future with the visuals this film has.  Honestly in film I love neon, women in fur coats, detective stories and women smoking.  All of that is probably because of Blade Runner.  Sure there are cheesy parts and sure maybe they should have showed Roy kicking *** on that other planet killing people, but it was made in a different time obviously.  Sure the new remake had more "action" maybe but 2049 Blade Runner freaking sucked ***.  It was a damn insult to the original.  

The only thing worth while in the 2049 Blade Runner movie was Ana de Armas dancing honestly, she is freaking gorgeous!  

tumblr_pe59dxu28r1rmxa4zo1_r1_500.gifv

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm really hoping that happens.  The Matrix is deserving of it.  ESB was a fun movie, but the Matrix had a storyline that absolutely blew me away, and it also had special effects that nobody had seen before.  It was just a better movie all around than ESB.  

True, it will be a close call, that is why I wish Empire Strikes Back was the #1 over A New Hope because then it would have a better chance.  

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Blade Runner is a classic, but if you want a slow paced, high art sci fi movie, it’s 2001 or bust IMO.

Some people say Blade Runner is boring, but to me 2001 A Space Odyssey is the definition of a boring movie.  Artistic sure but damn that movie has little to no plot or storyline.  Some cool shots but overall give me Blade Runner all day because the characters actually speak in the film and there is a true storyline, there is so much silence in 2001 A Space Odyssey, and the story is really suspect overall I feel.  Compared visuals I would say Blade Runner has just as much creativity as 2001 Space Odyssey has, and the world is a more unique world.   Heck half of 2001 is just random camera shots of space and different concepts they set up like that damn monkey, it was not a literal created society that was totally unique like Blade Runner.